Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The Saga Continues. Broken Paragon Seat tube

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Marc T 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#6 ·
srwings said:
Yesterday my Supercaliber swing arm cracked. https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=315431

Today my Paragon seat tube cracked. Guess I'm just lucky.

Geez, Your JRA must be at warp speed compared to me:D to break 2 frames in a few days. :D ...I can't hardly seem to break a sweat when I am JRA'ing.

I hope you have much better luck with the replacements. I'd ask for custom colors for the replacements. You might just get it. Does not hurt to ask if you have a fave.

G:cool:

#7 ·
It would be flattering to attribute this to a powerful riding style but I doubt it. I had been riding for about 2 1/2 hours at a quick pace when it broke. I need to ask the GF rep to pull a frame off my LBS's floor immediately. I feel it's a reasonable request since I have had two frames break in a 24 hour period. I have an XC race on 7/15 and I would be highly upset if I had to miss it waiting for a new frame.

#8 ·
I think that is a very reasonable request. I am glad that my Xcal 29er is of the original frame variety where the biggest complaint seems to be BB height. Again, good luck with everything. Hope it works out.

G

#11 ·
Seems like these broken seat tube surface every so often here that perhaps fisher should reconsider their design. A diagonal gusset would help it seems, but i am no engineer, just a common sense observation.

Bummer. I hope your LBS and fisher take care of you.

#14 ·
holycromoly said:
Seems like these broken seat tube surface every so often here that perhaps fisher should reconsider their design. A diagonal gusset would help it seems, but i am no engineer, just a common sense observation.

Bummer. I hope your LBS and fisher take care of you.
Thanks. I dropped off the bike(s) yesterday evening. The GF rep should be in today. I believe GF is adding reinforcement to the horizontal frame tube that joins the seat tube. It looks aesthically well done. The dealer had several Procalibers on hand. Some frames had the reinforcement and some didn't. The Paragons were all sold out.

#15 ·
Problem Solver

Here's a close up of the seat tube/top tube junction on the new '08 Paragon. This will be the same frame for the X-cal, Cobia, and in SS form for the Rig. Hydroformed top/down tubes and chainstays, (for much better tire clearance) You can click the link on R-fink's post for more.

Attachments

#18 ·
R. Fink said:
I'm on my third frame in 18 months; my first two broke in exactly the same place as yours. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=1960430#post1960430Fisher is good about warranty, but I keep hoping to get an updated, hopefully improved frame and keep getting sent the same yellow frame with the same results. I've had this one for about 3 months, we'll see how long it lasts.
Maybe you should go on a diet?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.