Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi community,
I just want to start this thread in order to figure out what the users of this fantastic bike would like to get changed on 2011 model.
I start.
)change something in bushings tech (mine got play pretty soon)
)more small bumb compliance on rear
)a bit more rear travel
)choice for shock mount in order to change HT angle and BB height
)Through 12mm rear axle
) hammerschmidt compliant suspension (i've read that present model doesn't work its best in this configuration)
)PM rear brake mount
)keep shoks wide choice and including ELKA
)more color choice
)shaving weight while keeping strenght (it's a miracle I know) .....you can jump this Keith.

Post your wishes!!!!!

Do this Keith and I'll send cash for resevation.

Ciao

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
juanbeegas said:
All I'd like to see is a 10mm extension to the bottom of the head tube of the Rune and Wildcard to improve frame/fork clearance for anyone who wants to run a zero stack headset.
Doesn't an external cup do the same thing, except give you larger bearings?
If you add 10 mm to the bottom of the head tube you are going to slacken out the geo anyways,so you may as well run an external cup.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
MartinS said:
Doesn't an external cup do the same thing, except give you larger bearings?
If you add 10 mm to the bottom of the head tube you are going to slacken out the geo anyways,so you may as well run an external cup.
Ok... Maybe if I said better fork/frame clearance on the Rune and Wildcard frames for people who want to run zero stack headsets?

·
Registered
21 Posts
filbike said:
Hi community,
I just want to start this thread in order to figure out what the users of this fantastic bike would like to get changed on 2011 model.
I start.
)change something in bushings tech (mine got play pretty soon)
)more small bumb compliance on rear
)a bit more rear travel
)Through 12mm rear axle
) hammersmidt compliant suspension (i've read that present model doesn't work its best in this configuration)
)PM rear brake mount
)keep shoks wide choice and including ELKA
)more color choice
)shaving weight while keeping strenght (it's a miracle I know)

Post your wishes!!!!!

Do this Keith and I'll send cash for resevation.

Ciao
The only thing i agree with you is the rear bump compliance, shock option and the 12mm axel (however a 10mm axel is also pretty rigid). The rest would change the design dramatically or increase the price, what we do not want offcourse.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
filbike said:
chainging the geo by different shock position in 99% of the cases is a bad idea becuase it changes how susp behaves. Rune has a 1.5'' Head tube so why won't you go with offset cups? There was a shop in the us that had them sub 100$.

Also I'm thinking you are trying to change the rune into too much of a descender and what you really want is a VF4B FR bike, not changes to the rune.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Me want
1. other bushings.
2. Adjustable geometry
3. Color options for links and dogebones.
4. More durable der. hangers. Stock made from crap and i've broken 4 in one year.

That's all.
If to be honest in last months i tried to sell my Banshee, but has realised that i wouldn't find better variant at this moment, so I stay with Rune for one or two seasons

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
norbar said:
chainging the geo by different shock position in 99% of the cases is a bad idea becuase it changes how susp behaves. Rune has a 1.5'' Head tube so why won't you go with offset cups? There was a shop in the us that had them sub 100$.

Also I'm thinking you are trying to change the rune into too much of a descender and what you really want is a VF4B FR bike, not changes to the rune.
I did consider k9 cups but than you have to keep them for a while at least.
a shock mount option is quickly reversible.
I'm just dreaming an even more chamaleonic Rune

·
Registered
9,472 Posts
filbike said:
I did consider k9 cups but than you have to keep them for a while at least.
a shock mount option is quickly reversible.
True... however adjustable geometry also affects the seat tube angle.
That is a cool thing about the K9 cups, they basically retain stock geometry except for the head angle. Pro's & Con's I guess....

·
Gear Whore
1,356 Posts
-Yeah...a maxle rear end would be nice, but it's got a stiff rear end already...not really needed IMO.
-More colour options (Red or Orange solid colour anodized...something fun and bright).
-Send out grease guns with the frame and instructions on how to care for the bushings.
-sag markings on the seat tube...would be really cool

I find the small bump compliance on mine to be pretty good...but I run a bit more sag than others I think though and that helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
my 2 cents ....

I think that a bike manufacturer/designer should not make major changes to his bike models.
I think that only minor changes should be implemented from time to time.

this is even more important for a small firm like Banshee.

if you want to build a brand name that stands for a long time and slowly grows and collect fans all over the world you must steek to your designs.

I think that even 10 years from now riders should be able to buy a 2020 Rune or a 2020 Spitfire and it will be obvious that it's the same bike as the 2010 model with the necessary changes needed oner the years.

I know a new bike should be made from time to time to go with the market but it should be rare.

this is why I was thinking that the right name for the SF was Pyre. but I guess it's OK since Banshee is actualy a start-up firm ...

this is how you build a legend. evolution, not revolution.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TM1 said:
my 2 cents ...
.......this is how you build a legend. evolution, not revolution.
that was in my mind....evolution.
I'd like the Rune to keep its design but adding some changes that would improve the capability to move from the AM/Enduro to a gravity ride

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.