1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holy moly. House party.

fc

--------------------
<o>We received word from the contractor that is repairing Highland Way that the road will be open to the public later today. While they do not expect to be completely finished with the project until next week, the paving has been done.

You will recall that this county road has been periodically closed since the failure in April of 2006. Road repairs started this fall at the most recent slide at mile post 3.28 and will be completed ahead of schedule.

Thomas Sutfin
</o>

---------------------

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
And thus

In a scene reminiscent of a Dr. Suess book,
And thus there was great rejoicing @ the tweaker nation, for the economic embargo had been lifted - the road was once again "Open For Business". Soon the parade of Beemers, Lexus', and Land Rovers bearing mountain bikes and their bounty within would be streaming into the parking area of the fabled land of plenty, known as "DEMO". Ipods. cameras, credit cards, cash, watches and jewelery Aplenty! And just in time for the holidays too!! There would be a Christmas in Tweakerville afterall: a bone for the pitbulll, a paper bag and glue for junior, some "Stopleak" for dad's 1974 Dodge "Power Wagon", and last but not least, teeth for mom. Yes, the gloom in the "Hollers" @ Lompico, Zayante, Boulder Creek, and all the other dark and dank haunts of the Santa Cruz mountains will lift just a bit, Demo has risen!
I foresee a run on bricks @ Home Depot in Capitola, and tons of ads on Craiglist in the days to come. Be sure to do your part folks, bring your valuables along with you when you ride @ Demo - there's only a month and a half until Christmas and most of Lompico is counting on you!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Well, I will be riding regardless ;)

Also, article saying "the road will be open to the public later today"

·
Registered
178 Posts
You're right

I didn't notice that, I am working from home and grouchy...

I'll check it out this weekend also.
David.

Stalk said:
Well, I will be riding regardless ;)

Also, article saying "the road will be open to the public later today"

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
WheelieDrop said:
Doesn't mean it will be open tomorrow, they may block it until officially finished.

Just saying...
David.
The contractor said "the road was open to the public" which would suggest you can drive across.

Patty

·
sunnyside up
1,193 Posts
Hey, Just in time for trailwork season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
jms said:
And thus there was great rejoicing @ the tweaker nation, for the economic embargo had been lifted - the road to Demo was once again "Open For Business". I foresee a run on bricks @ Home Depot in Capitola.
Nice one. And it's true, y'know. Rats, pigeons, tweakers, raccoons.
Are they that organized? I assumed they pick up a local rock -- on the spot.
The ones in the city use ceramic chips. Or, a window bladder. They're organized.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's definitely open again! I was there today......

and when I started my ride (parked before the slide) around 10, the road closed signs were still up and construction crew was working. After 5.5h of primo riding conditions & weather I finally rode back up to my car and sure enough all road closed signs were torn down. Looks like they will be still doing some minor things, but the road is completed and I saw cars driving through while I was loading my bike into the car.

·
1,247 Posts
Had a great ride today, upper bacon + braille.
if i hadn't been to demo before, then i woulda never guessed there was slide aside from the sparkly new rails and fresh pavement

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was up there today. I live on the Corralitos side so I didn't actually make it to the slide. The parking lot and the road outside of the parking lot was/were packed. There are usually only 5 or 10 cars (max) in those places.

When I was leaving I saw cars turning left toward Los Gatos out of the lot. I'd say it's open.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts