Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to get a new saddle for my speesh. i'm a avid body builder (off peek) so my legs are a bit bigger then the average MTBR. anyone else out there have this problem?

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Cyclists with big legs? What would be the odds? So you're looking for what in a saddle? Narrow minimalist to avoid chafing or something? What saddle do you have now?

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Do you have a local shop where you could sit on some different seats?

My thighs are not exactly skinny and I like seats that are pretty firm, and narrow at the back.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
since you ride Specialized why not go to the Specialized shop and get a sitometer fitting, they have a pretty good range of saddles also in different widths. That said I prefer the WTB saddles. But at least youll know what width to look for

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lamest joke possible below:

Real men ride it without a seat.

For a while.

then they hit a bump and aren't real men anymore :(

Real info:

What exactly is the issue? Are your thighs soo big that you are rubbing the legs against the seat the whole time or what? I'm having issues imaging legs big enough to cause real issues on the bike, but would still let someone walk.

·
Vaginatarian
5,685 Posts
DanMach86 said:
Lamest joke possible below:

I'm having issues imaging legs big enough to cause real issues on the bike, but would still let someone walk.
really?

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    14.9 KB Views: 180

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had to say something... my eyes may never forgive me :(

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm partial to the WTB saddles, they're probably some of the more comfortable ones if you have a fairly upright riding position. A lot of DH/FR guys love em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts