Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you UK guys who like me, are interested in a Rig, I've just got off the phone to a Fisher Dealer over here who has told me that the UK retail of this bike is set to be £600!
Which seems not too bad to me! We normally seem to fair far worse, in the $-£ bike price conversion!
& the bikes should be available in September after the Trek/Fisher show on the 5th!
Hope this is of some help/interest to you all?!

Laters

Mat

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
THat won't help your fellow countrymen sleep well the coming month, I'm sure they'll thank you :)
I hope fo you they can live up to that! Let's see, if they'd just use the same ratio, corrected for Pound/Euro, it would then be just around €900.
$880 + 19% Dutch VAT / 1,23 (Euro convesion) , would be € 851, so £600 and €900 would be better than before. They have to, as European bikes get stronger all the time.

Especially the Avid brakes were always really expensive in Europe, to the point that I decided not to get them. Right now they run around €129 per wheel. (258)
The rims alone are around $50 a piece (100)
Such a Truvativ style crankset runs €149
The fork should be worth about the same as a Surly model (100?)

Looks like the value of the Rig will be in check for sure. That frame just works for me, the color, the more compliant thinner seattube, jummy. If only it were an inch taller...

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Cloxxki said:
That frame just works for me, the color, the more compliant thinner seattube, jummy. If only it were an inch taller...
Does anyone know the seatpost size for the Rig? Seems like I recal someone talking about it being smaller than the usual large diamter Fisher size....

..reason I ask is that I've got a Tamer Tricky Dick that I'd like to use on my Rig, as it didn't fit on my Mooto.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Kolo said:
Pretty sure they said 27.2. There was a link to full specs in the Interbike thread
27.2 would rule (exact size of my tricky Dick....however, I can't find a 2004 Interbike thread/link....I can find the 2003 link easily from the mtbr homepage...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.