Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grip it and rip it.
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What i find hardest about training is knowing when i've had enough rest, without taking too much.
For example last week the final ride at the end of my rest week ended up being a lot longer than planned, so i decided to take another rest week before going into the next phase of my training (which will be a four week block), because i didnt want to be doing the first week of the plan in a half hearted manner. I now think however that i have taken TOO much rest, nearly two full rest weeks.
My plan was to only take one rest week like always but i think i messed it up with doing too much at the end of the week.

So my question is, how fresh do you like to feel at the end of a rest week, do you like to be completely recovered with no signs of muscle damage at all?

And how do you know when you have taken enough rest but not too much?

Thaks for any replies :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
One thing that may help is to stop thinking in terms of weeks. No one says your training cycles must follow a seven day block. If you had one ride a little too long at the end of your rest week, you could've just taken one or two more rest days, not a whole rest week, and you'd have been fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.