Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah...it seems KHS has bonded with the Xtension Taiwan factory.....they Have the lucky......and hey th brought back the Recoil.....

Great bike to have....KHS calls the recoil a DH200

Take a Peak

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
At Eurobike, we counted no less than ten frames slapping on stickers on the same frames frames including KHS, Coogan, and several others. On top of that, the same frames were on display at Astro. I have to dig up my pics but never assembled all of them together side by side to show how many companies do this. Not that it's bad, but it is what it is.

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
At Eurobike, we counted no less than ten frames slapping on stickers on the same frames frames including KHS, Coogan, and several others. On top of that, the same frames were on display at Astro. I have to dig up my pics but never assembled all of them together side by side to show how many companies do this. Not that it's bad, but it is what it is.
So my question is if this frame is so ubiquitous (outside the U.S.) why is KHS charging so much for one? $5300 for a complete build seems a bit pricey IMO. :skep:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Khemical said:
The real reason why it's so pricey I suspect is they have to pay the big "S" royalties to sell a Horst-link frame in the U.S. Same reason why my Gravity frame retails for $1800 :eekster:
How much of a markup is $13 a frame?

That was the number quoted to me (as being too high when compared with DW) by someone who ought to know.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Khemical said:
So my question is if this frame is so ubiquitous (outside the U.S.) why is KHS charging so much for one? $5300 for a complete build seems a bit pricey IMO. :skep:
no clue...the frame alone shouldn't sell for more then 2K

·
Registered
645 Posts
Khemical said:
The real reason why it's so pricey I suspect is they have to pay the big "S" royalties to sell a Horst-link frame in the U.S. Same reason why my Gravity frame retails for $1800 :eekster:
Yeah, when I looked up how much my frame was new, I was astounded at the cost.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.