Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... on the higher elevation trails near Bend.

South Fork is clear, but Flagline, Flagline Tie, Swede Ridge, Skyliners, and Sector 16 all have a bit of deadfall. Especially Sector 16. It has quite a bit, and not all of them are very easy to maneuver around. Just a heads up.

As far as the recent rain, all the above trails are moist but okay, except Sector 16 which has lots of standing water puddles, inches deep. Please ride slowly through the puddles, and not around them.

·
Singletrack Addict
1,167 Posts
IMBA Summit

... on the higher elevation trails near Bend.

South Fork is clear, but Flagline, Flagline Tie, Swede Ridge, Skyliners, and Sector 16 all have a bit of deadfall. Especially Sector 16. It has quite a bit, and not all of them are very easy to maneuver around. Just a heads up.

As far as the recent rain, all the above trails are moist but okay, except Sector 16 which has lots of standing water puddles, inches deep. Please ride slowly through the puddles, and not around them.
Should make for good topical discussion.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I'm heading down your way tomorrow from WA and camping kind of nearish Tumalo Falls at Three Creek Lake. Any trails not rideable? Or better yet... any trails in particularly good shape near here?
Thanks.
We did a big ride yesterday (25+) out of Wanoga over to Edison, back to Wanoga and down and there are a few trees down, but for the most part trails were great.

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm heading down your way tomorrow from WA and camping kind of nearish Tumalo Falls at Three Creek Lake. Any trails not rideable? Or better yet... any trails in particularly good shape near here?
Thanks.
Other than Sector 16, which has the most blowdown (and mud), all the other nearby trails are okay. You may have to dismount to scramble over a few trees, but it's not too bad. I cannot speak for Mrazek, but a previous poster says about 10 trees down.

·
COTA member
971 Posts
Today - rode the upper part of Mrazek / M-W to Happy Valley and then back down Flagline and tree fall was minimal. Rode S16 yesterday and as previously reported lots of tree fall. South Fork and Skyliners were good. Favorite time of year to be on the trails. Fall colors are spectacular. The dust is just about gone. Not too much more time before Phil's trail system will be the only West side option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sector all clear as of yesterday for the BBFT ride. Couple trees still down on Mrazk above Farewell, and a couple down on Farewell. Not sure about Mrazk below Farewell. Everything else on the 87 mile BFFT route was clear and in great condition.

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sector all clear as of yesterday for the BBFT ride. Couple trees still down on Mrazk above Farewell, and a couple down on Farewell. Not sure about Mrazk below Farewell. Everything else on the 87 mile BFFT route was clear and in great condition.
I didn't know Sector was part of the BBFT this year. According to this site, it's not. I'm glad it's been cleared, though!

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Go to the Downloads portion of that site and look at the map for Saturdays ride, or take my word for it since I rode it. Thought that came across clear in my post.
Sorry, Sally, either your clarity or the website's leaves a bit to be desired.

I hope you did well. I'd be happy to buy your bus ticket back out of town.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry, Sally, either your clarity or the website's leaves a bit to be desired.

I hope you did well. I'd be happy to buy your bus ticket back out of town.
Sector all clear as of yesterday for the BBFT ride (which I rode). Couple trees still down on Mrazk above Farewell, and a couple down on Farewell. Not sure about Mrazk below Farewell (since I did not ride that stretch as it wasn't part of the Saturday BBFT ride which I participated in). Everything else on the 87 mile BFFT route was clear and in great condition (due to my fist hand experience).

All fixed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.