Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Also known as Mopsi™ here in Finland... ;)

It takes over three months to finish this project. I started this early november last year, mostly just waiting frame and especially rims... :skep:

It's almost ready to ride, I just need add brake fluids and bleed it! Maybe I can get first ride tomorrow, if there are not too cold weather.

- 18" frame
- white powder coated Rolling Darryl's and DT Swiss spokes with red nipples
- Hope Pro 2 in rear and Surly SS disc hub in front (custom anodised)
- 2x Larry's and Toob's
- Surly Mr. Whirly cranks
- XT drivetrain ja brakes
- Hope headset
- Hope brake discs
- Brooks Swift saddle
- Thomson stem and seat post
- Truvativ Holzfeller bar

Weight is just about 16 kg. With lighter seat and tubes I can get it under 15 kg!

44T is useless for me, so I take it off after I get shorter chain ring bolts. I also change brake caliber color later, maybe red anodised or white powder coat, not sure yet...
Red rim strip is made of Cordura 600D fabric plus few rounds of duct tape.

Some more pics:

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,610 Posts
Yes, by far the nicest looking white frame Pugsley!!! :thumbsup: The red accents are in all the right places, and the white powder coating on the Darryls works for me.

·
Dr Gadget is IN
2,395 Posts
Zarni said:
Also known as Mopsi™ here in Finland... ;)

Mopsi is a sharp looking bike. I especially like the color in the wheels. My one regret on my Fatback is black rims. Coupled with the huge, black tires - too much black. But I'm not sure if I could take it down long enough to powdercoat the rims. Far too much fun to ride!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.