Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this one up today and took a couple of quick pictures of the bikes in "as found" condition:

Not quite as clean as this one:

MOMBAT: 1987 Steve Potts

Looks like the drop bar bike is 9 bikes and 6 months older than the flat bar bike. With a quick inspection, the drop bar bike uses the older style head badge and has a roller for the rear derailleur cable.

·
mountaingoatcycles.com
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow Jeff, that drop bar Potts is awsome...and it looks to be my size. :thumbsup:

Been wondering when one of those would show up on this coast...what's the story
behing the score?

Steve
I got and email title "Tire pump" and the whole email was "Steve potts original eq.. Can you suggest a tire pump or valve stem size." Started a conversation about the bike followed by pictures and an inquiry to see if it was for sale. The original owner mentioned talked to someone at the Potts booth at the hand made show and had been given a value. I had already made a lower offer so I figured it was dead. Two weeks passed and he accepted my original offer and the bike was on the way.

·
The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
2,020 Posts
I got and email title "Tire pump" and the whole email was "Steve potts original eq.. Can you suggest a tire pump or valve stem size." Started a conversation about the bike followed by pictures and an inquiry to see if it was for sale. The original owner mentioned talked to someone at the Potts booth at the hand made show and had been given a value. I had already made a lower offer so I figured it was dead. Two weeks passed and he accepted my original offer and the bike was on the way.

Cool. Shows that are still gems out there waiting for the right person to unearth them. I love when a deal you think is dead suddenly comes back to life...like hitting the lottery.
Congrats. That's one I'll geinitely be looking to see in person if I ever get to NC again.

Steve

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
It's seeing a bike like that keeps me from buying a new bike. Those are so nice.

S

·
0 Posts
How boring, two bikes painted the same, do you want to trade for a green one? ;)
Anyway, that drop bar, as found condition, is KILLER!! Good for you :thumbsup:

·
Stokeless Asshat
3,360 Posts
What's the deal on the shifter set up? Thumbie adapters?

·
slower than you
1,264 Posts
I'm thinking of doing drops on my Handsome XOXO so I'd love to hear how well those WTB shifter mounts work.
they work fine, in my opinion. i like them. some have accused them of being awkward, finger-bone breakers. but i've used them for many, many years with nary a quibble or quirk.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
If someone could provide a few dimensions and some better pics of the shifter mounts I would like to give it a go.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts