Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Chameleon Frame - $300 (MTBR) :eek: (1/4 OFF)
2005 Rock Shox Pike SL - $200 (EBAY) :eek: (1/2 OFF)
Random Parts lying around - FREE (MY BASEMENT) :rolleyes: (TOO MUCH CRAP)

The moral of the story is... I got real lucky... ;)
Pics are on the way... :D

Any one else had the same luck trying to build a nice rig cheaply? Share your success stories here so that we all may benefit from your ideas (or just be jealous...) :cool:

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
just got an 04 Heckler with custom build for half off. The guy bought my bike the day before, rode it up the street and turned around and returned it for something lighter. so i got an unused bike with the best of everything for under 2300. id say thats pretty lucky especially since hecklers are now so hard to find

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
Something Clever... said:

Any one else had the same luck trying to build a nice rig cheaply? Share your success stories here so that we all may benefit from your ideas (or just be jealous...) :cool:
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p on you

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
But I just ended up less than 2k into a 5k bike not to shabby

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is actually my 4th bike to build in a year. I look for incredible deals and save up parts to build bikes. I build em, ride em, and then sell em for more than I spent on them... If ya have some money to throw around I would recommend it. I have always came out on top. It is just an initial investment followed by a nice payoff.

·
MTBR Mafia
1,553 Posts
This is actually my 4th bike to build in a year. I look for incredible deals and save up parts to build bikes. I build em, ride em, and then sell em for more than I spent on them... If ya have some money to throw around I would recommend it. I have always came out on top. It is just an initial investment followed by a nice payoff.
I have heard of people doing that with cars and houses, but never bikes. very innovative thinking

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts

:mad: :mad: :mad: no posting without pics.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.