Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, Myself, SIN & Snowskilz among a few others are headed out to Fruita next thursday night for some riding on Friday and Saturday to be led by singletrack if I'm not mistaken.
Can anyone tell me a name of a camp ground close to the area where we are riding at next weekend? I need somewhere to setup camp when we go ride...No hotels for me...
Thanks. :D

So Far I have these camp ground listings...
Are these anywhere close to the riding area?

Cathedral Valley Campground

Open
Open All Year

Phone
435-425-3791

Details
Cathedral Valley campground offers primitive camping. Camping is free. Pit toilets, picnic tables, and fire grates are the only facilities available. There is no water.

Cedar Mesa Campground

Open
Open All Year

Phone
435-425-3791

Details
Cedar Mesa campground offers primitive camping. Camping is free. Pit toilets, picnic tables, and fire grates are the only facilities available. There is no water.

Fruita Campground

Open
Open All Year

Phone
435-425-3791

Details
The 71 site Fruita campground is the only developed campground in the park offering picnic tables, restrooms, water, and a dump station. A $10 use fee is charged at the Fruita campground. It is open year-round

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,848 Posts
I've only stayed at the Fruita/Colorado River State Park-Fruita one. By comparison, it's muuuuuch nicer than the others. I think the restrooms even had showers, but don't recall for sure.

I may be heading over there that Wednesday afternoon myself.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bpatterson6 said:
So, Myself, SIN & Snowskilz among a few others are headed out to Fruita next thursday night for some riding on Friday and Saturday to be led by singletrack if I'm not mistaken.
Can anyone tell me a name of a camp ground close to the area where we are riding at next weekend? I need somewhere to setup camp when we go ride...No hotels for me...
Thanks. :D

So Far I have these camp ground listings...
Are these anywhere close to the riding area?

Cathedral Valley Campground

Open
Open All Year

Phone
435-425-3791

Details
Cathedral Valley campground offers primitive camping. Camping is free. Pit toilets, picnic tables, and fire grates are the only facilities available. There is no water.

Cedar Mesa Campground

Open
Open All Year

Phone
435-425-3791

Details
Cedar Mesa campground offers primitive camping. Camping is free. Pit toilets, picnic tables, and fire grates are the only facilities available. There is no water.

Fruita Campground

Open
Open All Year

Phone
435-425-3791

Details
The 71 site Fruita campground is the only developed campground in the park offering picnic tables, restrooms, water, and a dump station. A $10 use fee is charged at the Fruita campground. It is open year-round
Also these Listings...HELP PLEASE! :D

Fruita Monument RV Park
607 Highway 340 (Exit 19)
(970) 858-3155

115 Sites:
86 Full Hookup Sites Newly Renovated Park with Some New Log Cabins
Weekly and Monthly Rates
Special rate with Good Sam card
Picnic Tables and BBQs
Laundry and Shower Facilities
Clean, Shady Country Atmosphere
Large Group Accommodations by Reservation
Propane
Close to Colorado National Monument and Colorado River State Park-Fruita

Colorado River State Park-Fruita
595 Highway 340
(970) 858-9188
Colorado State Reservation System
65 sites:
22 Full Hookup Sites,
22 Electrical Sites,
15 Tent Sites,
Group Camping Area with 6 Units

Boat Launch and Takeout of the Colorado River
Natural Swimming in the Lake
Group Picnic Area
Non-motorized Boating
Fishing
home of the Grand Valley Music Festival

Colorado National Monument Campground
4 miles from Fruita Entrance
(970)858-3617
Colorado National Monument 80 Sites Two Main Picnic Areas One with Large Sheltered Area
BBQ Grills
Water
Restrooms
Outstanding Short and Backcountry Hiking Trails
Diverse Geologic Formations
High Desert Plants and Animals

Highline State Park
1800 11.8 Road, Loma, CO
(970)858-7208
(800) 678-2267
Colorado State Reservation System 27 Grassy Campsites for Tents and RVs Water Skiing
Fishing
Boating
Group Facility Picnic Area up to 150
Excellent Wild-life Viewing

·
8,848 Posts
Done. I've got a spot from the 27th, for three nights at the Co. River-Fruita campground.

Tent site #49 if anyone is looking for a spot. And you could probably reserve it for the night of the 30th to keep it after I'm gone.

I'll be showing up Wednesday afternoon, and heading home Saturday after riding. Flying to San Fran Sunday morning for a week in the bay with the girlfriend.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scrublover said:
Done. I've got a spot from the 27th, for three nights at the Co. River-Fruita campground.

Tent site #49 if anyone is looking for a spot. And you could probably reserve it for the night of the 30th to keep it after I'm gone.

I'll be showing up Wednesday afternoon, and heading home Saturday after riding. Flying to San Fran Sunday morning for a week in the bay with the girlfriend.
cool Dave. That's Sweet!, we will see you there on thrusday night. early Friday morning. :D

·
truth seeker
206 Posts
Fruita campgrounds

I've camped at both the Colorado River campground in Fruita and the campgrounds in the Colorado National Monument. Both are nice. The River campground would be a much shorter drive to trails and festival events. For more primitive (but more peaceful) camping, consider Rabbit Valley, which is only a little further away and the site of a killer XC ride - "Western Rim".

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scrublover said:
I've only stayed at the Fruita/Colorado River State Park-Fruita one. By comparison, it's muuuuuch nicer than the others. I think the restrooms even had showers, but don't recall for sure.

I may be heading over there that Wednesday afternoon myself.
We are staying there too. Site# 11 See you there Dave! :D

·
Des(s)ert Rat
4,961 Posts
I realize that you've solved the problem, but for anyone else looking for info in this thread these are the campgrounds in Fruita, the ones with the 970 area code. 435 will get you to the tiny (yep, smaller than Fruita CO) miniscule place in Utah called Fruita (near Zion National Park, I believe). Again, the following are correct:

bpatterson6 said:
Fruita Monument RV Park
607 Highway 340 (Exit 19)
(970) 858-3155

115 Sites:
86 Full Hookup Sites Newly Renovated Park with Some New Log Cabins
Weekly and Monthly Rates
Special rate with Good Sam card
Picnic Tables and BBQs
Laundry and Shower Facilities
Clean, Shady Country Atmosphere
Large Group Accommodations by Reservation
Propane
Close to Colorado National Monument and Colorado River State Park-Fruita

Colorado River State Park-Fruita
595 Highway 340
(970) 858-9188
Colorado State Reservation System
65 sites:
22 Full Hookup Sites,
22 Electrical Sites,
15 Tent Sites,
Group Camping Area with 6 Units

Boat Launch and Takeout of the Colorado River
Natural Swimming in the Lake
Group Picnic Area
Non-motorized Boating
Fishing
home of the Grand Valley Music Festival

Colorado National Monument Campground
4 miles from Fruita Entrance
(970)858-3617
Colorado National Monument 80 Sites Two Main Picnic Areas One with Large Sheltered Area
BBQ Grills
Water
Restrooms
Outstanding Short and Backcountry Hiking Trails
Diverse Geologic Formations
High Desert Plants and Animals

Highline State Park
1800 11.8 Road, Loma, CO
(970)858-7208
(800) 678-2267
Colorado State Reservation System 27 Grassy Campsites for Tents and RVs Water Skiing
Fishing
Boating
Group Facility Picnic Area up to 150
Excellent Wild-life Viewing

·
8,848 Posts
Anyone else going to be around early? I'm getting in Wednesday afternoon, should be early enough to hit a short afternoon ride, probably on some Junction area stuff as I'm heading into town. Bringing my hardtail and my big bike.

Thursday I plan on a nice and long day on the Kokopelli area stuff; I'm going to try and hit all the nearly all the major trails at least once. Should net 30+ miles.

Friday? Saturday? Nothing planned yet. Joel, mind if I tag aloong on whatever ride you had going......... (yes, i know, it's rude to try and invite oneself.....) I'd love to hit the GJ stuff up again, hopefully without the fog and rain this time.

May head over to Moab one of those days, hit up a duo of Sovereign and Bartlett Wash, with lunch somewhere in between.

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
scrublover said:
Joel, mind if I tag aloong on whatever ride you had going......... (yes, i know, it's rude to try and invite oneself.....) I'd love to hit the GJ stuff up again, hopefully without the fog and rain this time.
Dude, you're welcome on any ride I go on ever. Well, except if I'm riding alone with a pretty girl, then I'd rather you didn't show. ;)

That said, I don't have anything planned. Yer coming down this Wednesday? For how long?

·
8,848 Posts
singletrack said:
Dude, you're welcome on any ride I go on ever. Well, except if I'm riding alone with a pretty girl, then I'd rather you didn't show. ;)

That said, I don't have anything planned. Yer coming down this Wednesday? For how long?
be there wed through saturday. gotta head home sat efternoon.

as for weather, unless it gets really crappy, i'm still there. i can always do the quick drive over to moab where it'll probably be drier/warmer.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
*Ahem*, there's a good chance I'll be moabing this weekend if you bros want someone else to ride with.

·
8,848 Posts
singletrack said:
I'd be into that. I don't wanna invite myself on your Moab trip though.

It's been drizzling off and on here today.
kirk and joel: whatever works. if it's too wet in fruita, i'll take off early mornings to moab. got campsite set in fruita already, but i could even stay in moab. we'll see what the weather says.

kirk, if i head to moab, i'll give you a ring on the way over.

joel, i've got no super set plans; again depends on weather/trail conditions.
if you're free to ride, i'll be at 303-709-0526.

·
Registered
271 Posts
bpatterson6 said:
Hey it says "Isolated T-Storms"

We are Good. you aint made of sugar. I dont know who your trying to fool. :D
Hey Patterson give me a call wed so I know whats up. I will be going home with T-Bone, because I couldn't find anyone to watch the pooches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.