Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm sure you have seen me commenting around saying, "man I can't wait till I get my build finished!" Well, it's done!

Btw Brant, your an amazing frame designer. When I was building this I couldn't believe how the attention to detail was. I love the fact that there is no cable exposure and other minuet details. The fork may be a little long for the intended use but it shouldn't mess it up too badly. Looking forward to my first few rides.

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chauzie said:
fork looks like an overkill on the bike
Its not overkill at all, I wanted a bike I can take up to the ski resort so this will do as my "big hit" bike. My local trail is building a 3 line course with berms as well, it would be fun to hit that. Just a nice versatile bike.

Considering it was a nice project to get me into building bikes and I spent under $1,200 on it, I won't lose sleep over it if I hang it up on rack after 1 year.

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
b-kul said:
nice build but whats the deal with those pedals?
LOL, those were transferred over from my first bike because they were red. They have done ok for me and I don't see a reason to swap them out right now. Once I get my XC dedicated bike built up, I will invest in some nice pedals for this bike.

·
Blue Pig
1,553 Posts
pfox90 said:
bet they are less bleh than plastic pedals? lol
I dislike the 5050's because of the weight. I'm no weight weenie but heavy pedals bother me, of course, that's me, and not you.

Get the silver :thumbsup: and brown oury grips :p then you're set! :D

·
T.W.O
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A few interesting notes from the build I noticed:

SRAM x9 9 speed has it's tie off bolt for the cable on the bottom side of the derailleur, we were confused why they did this? It makes an awkward angle to get at it.

Also, BB7 203 fronts you have to use the 185 post mount as well as the 203 post mount to get a good fit, and no where in their manual does it say anything about this. It simply shows the 203 mount lining up to the post mount which it definitely does not.

If you take of your inside chain ring on the inside to run a 1x9 you have to use a weird amount of spacers. We had to take off the crankarm several times to get the spacing just right.

All of these things added up to quite a long time to build the bike up. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.