Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you have a trail/ bike combination that just seems to be perfect, let's hear it. Pictures of course help

·
3,049 Posts
Rigid, SS Karate Monkey: south Airport Mesa in Sedona, Sovereign in Moab.

Leviathan: Monument Basin to Musselman on the White Rim, having started at the pavement.

·
No longer 26
3,090 Posts
FS 29er = Levis Trow, Nine Mile, Southern Kettles
HT 29er = Crystal Ridge, 'tosa trails, Evergreen/Quarry, Greenbush
Rigid 29er SS = Well, I have only 1 ride on it from yesterday on the bike path.

G

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,727 Posts
Dadaist said:
So if you have a trail/ bike combination that just seems to be perfect, let's hear it. Pictures of course help
65 mm of trail is perfect for me -- 72 HTA, 50 mm of fork offset. The single track the bike is pictured on is pretty much perfect too -- except it's currently buried under 2 feet of snow and being scoured by 30 mph winds. That would be the upper reaches of Cactus Canyon in Laramie, WY.

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
lake minnewanka (banff, alberta) is one of the few perfect SS trails in the front range rockies....and the swoopy rocky singletrack is also 29er heaven.

·
You know, for kids
1,570 Posts
Comite River/Kerry Stamey trail in Baton Rouge, developed into about 7 miles of trails. I built my rigid SS specifically for this trail. There is no more than 30 feet elevation change through the whole trail, lots of singletrack with some nice rollers and a few jumps, a few small tech sections, sandy sections, and rooty sections. No real mountains or even rocks to deal with.

video of the trail (right click, save as)

the perfect bike for this environment...

right across the street there is the Hooper Road trail system, a longer, more technical trail with a lot more roots. I have not gone there yet on the SS, but plan on riding that trail when I get my hardtail built soon. There is a connection trail connecting the two trail systems. Total the entire two trail system loop is around 16 miles (I think)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
There is a trail...

called the Greenbelt trail that runs from Bethpage, NY to Woodbury, NY and beyond. The whole ride out and back is approx. 14-16 miles of ss and night riding perfection. Not a lot of climbing but some tight twisty, sandy trails with some roots here and there.
Its perfect for my Soma Juice ss and so is Stillwell which starts in Woodbury. With Stillwell your looking at about 20 miles of riding, all doable on a ss. However Stillwell is much more challenging than the Greenbelt, with its constant short ups and downs and tight sandy turns. so I have to be in shape (for me anyways) to make the roundtrip. Here is a pic of my bike on the Greenbelt during one such ride.
I ride the Soma during the winter and save my custom Ted Wojcik for the warm weather and more challenging terrain. That bike is awesome on the rocky, rooty, technical as all hell New England singletrack where it was born to roam, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
My SIR 9 single speed seems to be the perfect bike for every trail I ride.
This shot is from a trip to Pisgah this year. I think it was taken on Black Mountain, but can't remember for sure. Its a "fairly" technical trail with a little climbing thrown in for fun.
c

Attachments

·
Scooterist
1,211 Posts
It wasn`t meant to sound like im tougher than anyone else.

Just worried that maybe my not built yet sir 9, isnt the right weapon?

Sorry for the small wheel content, but you did ask.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I do but dont...

fux said:
No one riding more tecnical trails?
have any pics. As I mentioned in my first post, I use this bike for the more technical terrain.
Your trails remind me of New England, simply awesome!.

Attachments

·
lotto baby
553 Posts
fux said:
It wasn`t meant to sound like im tougher than anyone else.

Just worried that maybe my not built yet sir 9, isnt the right weapon?

Sorry for the small wheel content, but you did ask.... :rolleyes:
I would totally attempt to ride that on my mcr. attempt being the key word. looks like fun tho!

·
I don't ride enough!
230 Posts
madcap said:
Comite River/Kerry Stamey trail in Baton Rouge, developed into about 7 miles of trails. I built my rigid SS specifically for this trail. There is no more than 30 feet elevation change through the whole trail, lots of singletrack with some nice rollers and a few jumps, a few small tech sections, sandy sections, and rooty sections. No real mountains or even rocks to deal with.

video of the trail (right click, save as)
Thanks for posting that video! I had never seen it before.
I love riding Comite River!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts