Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Incredulous bastard
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So says the email I just got. And indeed it's on the website. Although no geometry numbers are available.

I'd like to know how it compares to the Honzo ESD, but GG ain't giving up the goods according the chat I had with them:

(01:39:46 PM) * Barry joined the chat *
(01:39:46 PM) Barry: Where can I find the geometry break-down of the new Pedalhead?
(01:40:30 PM) [email protected]: Hey Barry,
(01:41:03 PM) [email protected]: Thanks for taking the time to write. We unfortunately do not have Pedalhead numbers published yet.
(01:41:29 PM) Barry: Ah. I see. Any spoilers for me? CSL, BBH and HTA?\
(01:42:02 PM) [email protected]: I don't have any spoilers for you.
(01:42:04 PM) Barry: Thanks anyway, DL.
(01:42:36 PM) [email protected]: No problem! Keep an eye out for our news letter!
(01:42:48 PM) * Barry left the chat *

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Hopefully they updated the seat post so that it is easier to run a longer / normal dropper.

Hard to tell in the pics but the rear triangle looks like it may have rounded tubes instead of square like the old ones.

Weird that they put out a newsletter announcing the return but didn't include frame geometry.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
LOL, they are accepting orders on a bike that half of the geo is still "secret"? Used to be a big fan of this company but they seem to have become a little lame lately.
On the one hand its still the consumer's choice to pre pay for a bike before knowing geometry numbers so no harm done. But I'm disappointed that GG has decided to take on this marketing approach. I'll keep an open mind and see how this plays out but secret geometry reminds me of the mullet bike brand debacle on vital.

·
Registered
15,103 Posts
LOL, they are accepting orders on a bike that half of the geo is still "secret"? Used to be a big fan of this company but they seem to have become a little lame lately.
I'm no sure what the problem is. When I click on the PH link the OP posted there is a geo chart for the one size [Size 3] being offered for sale. AFAIK GG hasn't officially launched the PH yet so if you want more details than are provided on the current PH page you could wait a few days until the launch happens.

Personally I'm just happy to see the PH is coming back to the GG line up with an update.

·
always licking the glass
4,428 Posts
On the one hand its still the consumer's choice to pre pay for a bike before knowing geometry numbers so no harm done. But I'm disappointed that GG has decided to take on this marketing approach. I'll keep an open mind and see how this plays out but secret geometry reminds me of the mullet bike brand debacle on vital.
Yeah the empty geo page and size 3 only is really baffling.

I missed the Mullet bike brand debacle. What happened with that?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah the empty geo page and size 3 only is really baffling.

I missed the Mullet bike brand debacle. What happened with that?
Mullet announced a new bike on Vital, got some criticism on a few points and lashed back rather aggressively. The whole thread turned into a dumpsterfire of negativity for a few days and was deleted. I'm not saying GG is at that level by any means, I've had nothing but good experiences with support for my 2018 mega trail just to keep the record straight. I'm just not too impressed by secret geo especially on a hardtail. Hopefully this comes around soon.

·
always licking the glass
4,428 Posts
Mullet announced a new bike on Vital, got some criticism on a few points and lashed back rather aggressively. The whole thread turned into a dumpsterfire of negativity for a few days and was deleted. I'm not saying GG is at that level by any means, I've had nothing but good experiences with support for my 2018 mega trail just to keep the record straight. I'm just not too impressed by secret geo especially on a hardtail. Hopefully this comes around soon.
Dont' get me wrong: I wish GG the best and I want them to succeed (local CO brand, still know the folks who are there, etc), but sometimes it comes across like they're shooting themselves in the foot where they could make it easier on themselves by providing simple info.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,992 Posts
Hopefully they ream the seat tube out to a proper consistent depth. My old Pedalhead could run a 180mm dropper (and probably longer) after I reamed the seat post out to the proper depth.
Pretty sure that was just back in the early days of long droppers. My '17 aluminum Trail Pistol frame wouldn't accommodate the 185mm BikeYoke dropper I bought for it. I found out the hard way. So that dropper sat in its box on my workbench until I sold the TP frame and replaced it with an '18 Smash frame. Meanwhile during that one model year difference, GG started reaming their seattubes deeper -- deep enough for the 185mm dropper.

Certainly they've done likewise with the new Pedalhead.
=sParty

·
battle stag commander
258 Posts
Its Singlespeedable! very cool, curious about the tubeset. 428 chainstays?

This is not a honzo esd, which is fine, different application. for a similar TT length (size large esd) the ph is 30mm shorter reach. Presumably some of this is because the ST angle isnt quite as steep, maybe 76, as opposed to the esd's 77.5. Also building it around a 120-140mm fork. They make no mention of a-c or what travel fork the geo is based off of.

·
Registered
15,103 Posts
I saw the geo on their FB announcement but what I'd like to know is do I have to buy the SS dropouts separately and be stuck with RD dropouts I'll never use.
We'll have to wait and see. Based on what other companies do I'd expect:

1. Complete bikes to come with geared dropouts only.
2. Frames to come with both sets of dropouts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.