Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick Teaser post....

Package 1 and Package 2 Arrived safely....
Now to rebuild it, we have the technology!!!!!:cool:
(Now I just need time....)
 

Attachments

·
err, 27.5+
Joined
·
4,928 Posts
Nice. I have spousal clearance for a new fork for the X5. The lyric is definitely on the hit list. Now I just have to get some cash :p Slap that stuff on your ride and get us a picture of how the geometry looks with the longer fork :D
 

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I9's? Please! I leave that kind of Bling to Fo...:)

These are a sweet build up from Red Barn, Chad laced up Hope BULB Hub to DT 5.1's with Comp Spokes for the Front, and Hope XC, Steel Cassette Body, to DT 5.1's with Comp Spokes for the rear. Impressively light for such a burly wheelset, in fact the new wheels are just shy of a 1/2 lighter than the old set.

The Lyrik is dam near a pound lighter than the Z1 it replaces and it dwarfs the Z1.
 

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,806 Posts
Sorry.. my bad...
But Hope are sweet too (I run Pro2 with 5.1ds and they rock), anyhow..it is still a sweet wheelset.....
 

·
Having a nice day!
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Man, I have been really impressed with the Hope Bulbs I got from Chad. I was just commenting on tonights ride to D-Rock on how well they roll. Good stuff, although I'm curious why you got the XC for the rear. From what I've read, you are not a small man! Seems like the Bulb or Pro II are a little beefier from what I recall.
 

·
T , V , & K Rider
Joined
·
2,342 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
I9's? Please! I leave that kind of Bling to Fo...:)

These are a sweet build up from Red Barn, Chad laced up Hope BULB Hub to DT 5.1's with Comp Spokes for the Front, and Hope XC, Steel Cassette Body, to DT 5.1's with Comp Spokes for the rear. Impressively light for such a burly wheelset, in fact the new wheels are just shy of a 1/2 lighter than the old set.

The Lyrik is dam near a pound lighter than the Z1 it replaces and it dwarfs the Z1.

Darn it , now your Bruja is going to be lighter than mine ! :D I weighed mine at 35.97 lbs after mounting my new Big Betty tires ! Looking forward to seeing your Beast ( I mean Bruja no I mean Beast ) and ride report with the new upgrades ! TIG.
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
TIGMAN said:
Darn it , now your Bruja is going to be lighter than mine ! :D I weighed mine at 35.97 lbs after mounting my new Big Betty tires ! Looking forward to seeing your Beast ( I mean Bruja no I mean Beast ) and ride report with the new upgrades ! TIG.
LMAO.....I love how the Tigman weighs his 35 lb bike to the hundredth place....LOL
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
it looks beautiful! congrats!

truth be told, i am glad i added peer pressure so that you ended up with the Lyrik instead of the Domain...that was a good move man! it looks sick!

oh yeah, the front wheels looks mighty nice i might add ;)
 

·
Proud lame eBiker
Joined
·
2,678 Posts
I'm curious as well of the Buld choice?
I def. would've set you up on a Pro II.
I got rid of my Kings a year ago and built up a set of Pro II with Mavic 819 rims with Dt Comp. black spokes and have not had to true either of the wheels. Super happy. And I'm sure I still got a few pounds on ya! so I know they'd hold up just as well.
I went with the 819's for the simplicity of true UST tubeless. I dig the 5.1 too though, but I've done the Stan's gig for three years now and was tired of the mess when changing out tyres.
 

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
Joined
·
3,780 Posts
FoShizzle said:
LMAO.....I love how the Tigman weighs his 35 lb bike to the hundredth place....LOL
Weight watchers teaches their clients that technique......it's all part of the denial of weight or should I say mass. You know the earth loves you this much.....heck if you were on the moon you'd be your ideal weight. :thumbsup:
 

·
T , V , & K Rider
Joined
·
2,342 Posts
mtnbiker4life said:
Weight watchers teaches their clients that technique......it's all part of the denial of weight or should I say mass. You know the earth loves you this much.....heck if you were on the moon you'd be your ideal weight. :thumbsup:

LOL........................ good one ! :D TIG.
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
stripes said:
Is the Lyric overkill for the X-5? I love my Pike, and I can't imagine it with more travel or what the Lyric would buy you over the Pike. :confused:
for the X5, probably the U-Turn version is not totally unreasonable since you could hit different increments of travel instead of being restricted to either 160mm, or 160mm and 115m (ie, 2-step model). probably dont need the extra stiffness if not doing relatively aggro riding and not to mention, it is a lot of coin in comparison.
 

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's what worked out best for Chad and I and I'm not worried about it all.
Besides one thing I noticed after doing some checking is the Pro II have a narrower track.
the bearings are spaced closer together than the Bulbs, and the Mech. Eng. in me prefers the wider spacing.

I have never been nor do I ever plan on being interested in Stan's or tubeless so the 5.1 were a perfect fit for both my needs and budget.

Besides, whatcha doing harshing by new parts buzz!?!?!? :D
 

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You sound like you have fork envy! :)

Kidding, just kidding.

The Lyrik is a LOT of fork, but I bet an X-6 could handle it no problem, and like Fo mentions the U-turn can dialed down, so can the SoloAir I have, 130/145/160mm.

What does it have over the Pike? More sophisticated Damping. External Low AND High Speed Compression AND external Flood Gate(Lock out) Pike you can only adjust low speed.
And of course the big difference 35mm Stanchions. So it should be stronger/stiffer especially for guys like me (clydes)

Which considering the uber stiffness of Ventana frames, I think will make a great match up.

-Aaron
 

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
Joined
·
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know, it feels pretty dam heavy still to me, I may have to go buy some lunar lite tubes to make sure I sneak in under 35.97!
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
It's what worked out best for Chad and I and I'm not worried about it all.
Besides one thing I noticed after doing some checking is the Pro II have a narrower track.
the bearings are spaced closer together than the Bulbs, and the Mech. Eng. in me prefers the wider spacing.

I have never been nor do I ever plan on being interested in Stan's or tubeless so the 5.1 were a perfect fit for both my needs and budget.

Besides, whatcha doing harshing by new parts buzz!?!?!? :D
dont pay no attention....jealousy is ugly :)

your wheelset rocks as is. 5.1 rims are the bomb.......mavics suck ass! (data on file)
 

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
Joined
·
17,282 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
...so can the SoloAir I have, 130/145/160mm.
did not think to consider that, not that i would opt for other than 160mm on the bruja. how do you set the travel? is it via internal spacers i assume...just curious

by the way, it is very mean of you to post those sweet pictures!
 

·
Having a nice day!
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Not dissing, just curious. Always good to get other lines of thoughts. I nearly went the XC route myself. I probably would have been fine on them as I don't ride that hard. In fact, the Salty is going to go to 4" mode for a while to see how I like it.
 

·
Team Fearless Descender
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
U-turn can dialed down, so can the SoloAir I have, 130/145/160mm.

Ciclistagonzo - I did not know that the Solo was adjustable...? I thought it was fixed at 160mm. :confused:

The Lyrik is what I'm spec-ing on a Ventana TMoto, and was thinking about the 2-Step, BUT if the Solo can do this, then...

User Manual for Lyrik
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top