Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We skipped Pinecrest Peak Sunday and opted for some new (to me) trails just south. Instead we climbed the Ridge trail, a marked cross country ski trail and tied it to the Crabtree trail up to a sweet DH into Bell Meadow a little road climb back to DH Ridge trail.

Best ride ever

Today's crew Ogre, Bruce and sethbo

Attachments

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,082 Posts
fred-da-trog said:
You can see the beginning of the the downhill just below the dead tree.
Hate to say it Fred but the pictures just didn't do the ride justice. Some amazing views, amazing trails.. and amazing views from amazing trails.

You guys didn't seem to mind that we didn't ride Pinecrest Peak too much. I'm going to have to do some more side-by-side comparisons to see which route I like better. Maybe 4-5 times over the summer.

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,415 Posts
Hey, cool. Looks better than Stockton.

Did Seth kick some butt? Someone's gotta take that guy down a notch. :thumbsup:

fp

·
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
0gre said:
Hate to say it Fred but the pictures just didn't do the ride justice. ....
Yeah I know. I hate taking ride pictures for that reason, but the pictures in my head are perfect. I can't wait to return.

·
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finch Platte said:
Hey, cool. Looks better than Stockton.

Did Seth kick some butt? Someone's gotta take that guy down a notch. :thumbsup:

fp

He is a freak of nature. I wish I was young enough to step up a notch to keep up with him.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Very nice. Beware Trogs are coming out of there caves from winter hibernation. I am so looking forward to get up there.

Spent time with my father in law Sunday. BBQ and beer and metal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
weekly

Yeah...we need to start making that area part of the whole...PCP one day then Crabtree the next. The perfect weekend.
Weekend pics...

1) Ogre climbing up the Ridge Trail
2) Summiting a hill in the backcountry
3) Fred rolling...with the Emigrant Wilderness in the background
4) Bell Creek...pure Sierra Snowmelt

Attachments

·
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was a perfect spot for a refreshing break, about 2/3 of the ride, and 95% of the climbing, behind us.

Next time I'd like to explore more around the granite and Bell Meadow areas.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Luck

Man you guys are lucky to get up there that much. I have to head up that way later next month or early August. If I'm going to spend any money on travel that is the place I want to spend it on. Here are a few pics of my road ride yesterday up Mount Hamilton and around to Livermore,Pleasanton and back to S.J.

Attachments

·
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Portola Vince said:
....... I have to head up that way later next month or early August. If I'm going to spend any money on travel that is the place I want to spend it on....QUOTE]

How much are you planning on spending,how long are you staying camping /lodging?

I personally like the Bear Valley/Alpine Lake area better for riding from camp/lodge. The trails are more organized in series of clover leaves that can easily be mixed for alot of different rides.

The Pinecrest area is an hour drive time closer and we (Trogs) are meeting and learning more from the locals all the time. It just gets better every outing.

The bike rental at Pinecrest Lake has some trail maps. Mention mtbr if you want him to share the good stuff.

Post or PM when you go, you never know who's available to ride.

Edit: WOW! I just noticed you lost a bunch of gears on Hamilton ...nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts