Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Is dang happy!
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4.0 Funky Floaters, only $55 each from Planet X uk!
:thumbsup:

The white may work for a "stealth" winter bike.:cornut:
TYOOFLOAT_P1.jpg
TYOOFLOAT_P8.jpg
TYOOFLOAT_P5.jpg
TYOOFLOAT_P9.jpg
TYOOFLOAT_P7.jpg

Haters are going to hate but these are 1980's RAD IMO.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Definitely FUNKY

I'm usually one to like something a little different but I don't think I could handle those colors (especially the pink and green)

Definitely a different aesthetic.

Craig

·
Is dang happy!
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A green one is on the way for my nuclear orange FB4 that is also on the way, if the compound is acceptable I will get another.
The colored tires of yesteryear were craptastic but modern tech may have overcome this, my colored road bike tires do not seem to be lacking in the grip department.

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,582 Posts
I’m considering purchasing some pinks for my wife and some oranges for mine, but the last time (and only time) I purchased anything from On-One.co.uk (two black Floaters) mysteriously two days later my credit card account had been compromised, and I had to cancel it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hope they will make camo Floaters ?:yesnod: I like to blend in. And to not be seen .:cool:

·
Is dang happy!
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ride it on fresh pow. I would love to see a whited out fatbike.

·
Nemophilist
1,873 Posts
That still mystifies me, as they are EXCELLENT tires for all conditions, even better than Surly Nates (I hate having to admit that :madman: ).
You're the first person I've ever heard say that. Maybe I have not been paying attention, but that does not match my experience. Just sayin...

·
M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
8,582 Posts
You're the first person I've ever heard say that. Maybe I have not been paying attention, but that does not match my experience. Just sayin...
I’ve never ridden them on snow. I only ride rutted/rocky/rooty/steep/treacherous/off-camber/muddy singletrack and fireroads with them. Even when the rear starts to wear down there is amazingly traction for uphill stuff.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Price is very good ! I just can't see me riding my fat bike with any of those colors,, unless they are camo,, i guess i am to old school generation .:rolleyes:

·
Is dang happy!
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
They come up as $65 for me.
That is for the black, (still a great deal for fat tread).
You have to change the delivery location to US to get rid of tax/vat and buy two to get free shipping ...

The lack of affordable replacement tires is what was holding me back from getting a Fatty. I rode a Mukluck when they came out and liked everything about them but the $150 tires. Kudos to Brant/ On-One for streamlining distribution and bringing affordable bike parts to cycling enthusiast. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
845 Posts
That is for the black, (still a great deal for fat tread).
You have to change the delivery location to US and buy two to get free shipping ...
$51.48 now!
Sorry, but I just did it again, and they are $65.90 USD. Black is not even an option. This was going through the link the OP posted.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm thinking get green or white and add sharpie camo, woodland or winter/urban. Could look rad or stupid, depending on One's artistic talent. I think Shiggy said the colorant may affect grip of the rubber, though. Would love to see ride report when they arrive. I'm loving my self-studded black Floaters this New England winter but Floaters are more traction than I need in summer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts