Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Social Retard
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything I've read on this race is that it is tough, tough, tough. I know these things aren't meant to be a ride in the park, but how difficult is it really? I've read so much that now I am wondering if I should even enter this year. I'm doing Brian Head Epic (easier) as my tune up for the E100 and then the 24hrs @ Hurkey Creek, so I will have a better understanding of where I am at in my training afterward.
I am just coming back into form from an injury and I am racing this summer on a singlespeed for the first time, so maybe that is where my trepidation is stemming from. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Tough but Fun

It's definitely tough, no doubt about that. Notwithstanding, it's incredible trail! Ride it like an epic ride, do your best and have fun. Most of us humans cannot compete (except wtih ourselves) with the guys that win these things. It boggles my mind how fast people can ride.

I tried to race it my first year and burned up after the third stage. Last year I rode it with the intent to have fun, enjoy myself and finish. I did.

Ride a lot of hills. Ride till you're tired then go for another couple of hours. And keep smiling while you do it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Why are you afraid?

Its just a bike race. If you want to do it go ahead and toe to the line. Even if you DNF you will have a better idea about what to expect next year. If you have completed Brianhead and are capable of riding for 24 hours then this race is within your abilities. If it were me I would do it on a geared FS bike the first time, and try the SS next time if you feel the need for further challenge. but I never really understood the singlespeed thing
I have completed both the Brianhead 100 and the E100 last year. The E100 is considerable harder. More climbing, more desending, More technical, More singletrack, More fun. The E100 took me about 4 hours longer then epic If you completed the epic course, climbed back to the peak, desended the single track to the first aid atation and reclimed the trail to the peak and back to the finish I think that would be a comporable effort to the e100. Maybe the E50 late in july (unfortunatly the week before the epic)would be a good test period.
You can do it. You should not be afraid to fail.
See you in Park City

Pedal

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here is the concept behind The E 100 series:

1. The 12 Hours of Endurance is introductory event to endurance racing with racecourse of 10 miles with 13000 ft. gain elevation.
It can be hard doing it as a solo racer or giving yourself a break been the laps been on the team.
2. Second event is The Endurance 100 Team Relay and 50-mile solo race, July 22.This event will give you opportunity to race and study The 100 race course. The team relay event will cover the entire 100-mile course, during which teams composed of 2 to 5 riders will compete. Each team member will race a section, or multiple sections of the course.
Solo racers will cover 50 miles of course with finish in Deer Valley.
After this event you can determent your personal goals for The E 100 solo.
3. The Endurance 100 solo race is on August 26, 2006. In addition to the marquee event, the 100-mile solo race, this event will offer both 50-mile and 100K options to racers not ready to race the entire 100-miles. The racecourse would again cross the aforementioned properties, with the 50-mile race finishing at Deer Valley, the 100K races finishing at the Park City Mountain Resort and the 100-mile race finishing at The Canyons.
There will be a cap of 499 participants.

Please don't hesitate to post more questions.

Good luck,

Boris

www.theE100.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trail Update for 2006

Due to the construction in Deer Valley, Park City and The Canyons... Boris, Jim and I went out and spent the day GPS'ing the new routes! I can tell you this...they are going to be SWEET!! Boris took us out on the new (or actually very old, hidden, secrect stash) of Bow Hunter.... This is some incredibly narrow singletrack, and the views make it hard to keep your eye on the trail....this is what Mountain Biking is all about!!

I will be posting the new maps as soon as Boris signs off on them...should be today!! So get out and ride!!

See everyone in 14 Days!!

Greg
www.singletracktreks.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.