Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
Not VPP

Without a 2nd short link at the seat stay seat tube junction that design would not behave like a VPP at all. It is still a cool bike and blast from the past. I got a chance to ride one back in the day and thought that it was one of the better bikes around at that time. The LTS was a better riding bike in my opinion.

·
99 YARDS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What?

Johnny Hair Boy said:
Without a 2nd short link at the seat stay seat tube junction that design would not behave like a VPP at all. It is still a cool bike and blast from the past. I got a chance to ride one back in the day and thought that it was one of the better bikes around at that time. The LTS was a better riding bike in my opinion.
No sheit.... The RTS rides nothing like my VPP Intense 5.5. Did someone say they "behave" like eachother? I rode my RTS for about 6 or 7 years, will till warranty no longer had any left, so they gave me a STS1000DS witch I rode for about 5 years, and now it"s the VPP 5.5. My original statment was "THE ORIGINAL VPP" at the time the RTS was the only bike with the pivot below the b/b attached to a rocker,with ride hight adjment cooool!!!!! I remember when I no longer had my RTS how much I wanted it back.

·
LBS Manager
1,918 Posts
What defines a VPP is the 2 short links that allow the swing arm to rotate around a virtual pivot point or VPP. The RTS only has one link at the BB and the upper portion of the swing arm is directly attached to the seat tube therefore no virtual pivot point or VPP. The link on the RTS did little more than drive the shock. The first VPP was the Outland.

·
99 YARDS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF look up VIRTUAL. Thanks for the lesson on the RTS dude.I own a VPP and an RTS, LTS ,SLINKSHOT.I know what defines each one.The Karpiel was before the Outland, boy did I want an Outland in those days.Oh and BTW VPP My original thread was in recognition of the Karpiel VPP witch meant variable pivot point.Back in 93/94 race season I sat dwn with Karpiel, VPP is what he wanted to call it.

·
99 YARDS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Knuckle Head, I call it an RTS Rocker Tuned Suspension....I never said that it was a VPP" Virtual Pivot Point". One more time my thread was this "THE ORIGINAL VPP" The GT RTS was in production way before the "VPP VIRTUAL PIVOT POINT" It was my way to pay monish to the Karpiel VPP. I remember funning with Karpiel about his new bike, I was like Dude your copying my RTS man, he says no way man mine has VARIOUS pivot points. I went wow VPP that sounds cool. He was saying something like this bike has what I would call variable tuned suspension. We where at the Trade Show in I think was 94 trying to come up with a name for his cool A$$ Bike. So VPP in your mind can be what ever you want it to be. All I know is that I am very happy to own the bike I have always wanted The INTENSE 5.5 EVP.. Now if there is something out there with EVP in it I'm sorry.

·
99 YARDS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What ever.. The thread stated THE ORIGINAL VPP..It was not my intension to falsely state or degrade any other design out there. The RTS is what it was, MINE ALL MINE. Now "YOU" can agree that it was a good bike, I don't know if you ever had one, so how can you "AGREE” if it was any good or not??? With out having one and putting time on it like 1 to 7 years, how the FU#K would you know??? The design was second to none. How ever I went through 5 frames. So don’t tell me that "WE can AGREE" on some thing you know very little about DUDE.

·
99 YARDS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wait a minute; you’re the one replying to a post on bikes you don’t even own or spend any time on, you would be the one who should get a clue. Why you trippen on me man? OH bye the way RUSH and HOCKEY SUCK..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.