Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Pro Crastinator
12,018 Posts
the lower crown looks cool, but the upper one is just flat out butt-ugly....

besides, why would i pay an extra $200 for those when the current 888 has already solved this issue. blatent lies here anyway, there is no way the current ride height could be reduced another 1.125"...

the marzo crown looks nicer anyway....

Attachments

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Where's the bling? Those are raw aluminum, not even anodized, and while the machining looks nice, it's nothing too unique. Not to hate. But you can get pretty creative with a CNC machine, and those crowns look rather uninspired.

·
Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
lostboyz said:
What, you guys aren't into Bling? whatever....sorry for being different....:rolleyes:
I think I am the only one getting your sarcasm.

Ready for Bootleg?? I'm pretty stoked!!

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
the lower crown looks cool, but the upper one is just flat out butt-ugly....

besides, why would i pay an extra $200 for those when the current 888 has already solved this issue. blatent lies here anyway, there is no way the current ride height could be reduced another 1.125"...

the marzo crown looks nicer anyway....
forgot to mention way cheaper too

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Mega T said:
"Our riders have had an average decrease in race run times of 15 seconds after installation of the Drop Crown Affair!"

How???
turning would be a lot better, but 15 seconds .....no no no:nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
Those "drop" crowns are clearly flat.

888's are so 05 anyway.
Dusty, you and Mac have the worst case of G A S

Gear Acquisition Syndrome

Have you heard about the Marzocchi 38mm yet

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
hah i love how amusing it is that the company only makes flat crowns for hte 888. no other products. boy they must be rolling in the dough :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know why you guys are ragging on this guy... chances are he's just some broke machinist who rides bikes and is trying to make a little money on the side. Good for him!

He just needs a little better idea.

Here's a few I thought of..

Make ultra light fork axels using 7075 aluminum, tell people how much lighter and stronger they are than the stock 6061 axel and also how it will have less un sprung weight and so on. ....You numb nuts are always buying lighter parts.

Or make a Gravity dropper for DH racing. Use a manual hydraulic unit and a reversed spring... this way you can have a lever that will make it go both up and down rather than that finicky ball stop that you have sit on to make go down.

How come I'm not using these ideas? Well i'm way too lazy to deal with all the crap involved with production, If I was going to do something like that I would buy dirt cheap stuff from Tiawan and sell you it to you fools at a 1500% mark up! Just like Azonic! Fvck off!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.