Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been reluctant to post and ask this question, because you guys answer this same question ALL the time. I am Just cuious what you recommand for me.

First thing is First My Ideal Budget is 400-500 may be willing to strectch it to 600. But i am a starving College Student So it may take me a while to get that much lol.

I am looking to getting back into bike riding, and with that into Mtbing. I havnt ridden in i say about 3 years. When I did ride i rode an old Trek 800 sport, rigid frame, I got back in (1999) 6th grade, as a birthday present. I rode that thing to death. even in highschool. I rode up steep trails went down them. I jumped it, Did 3'-4' drops on it. I had a blast on it. I still have the bike but it is dead, cant shift gears or anything anymore one it. My biggest problem i had on it was bending the rims. Had to replace them couple of times.

Now i am looking for a bike, i see all this Suspension on them, some of it almost as much as my dirtbike lol. and i am like :eekster: cool.

I am bascally looking for a bike in that price range where i can ride up steep hills which means go down them, abuse it offroad like idid with ym trek, and be stupid and try to hurt my self jumping off of stuff.

i am 19 years old, 5'11 and wiegh 195 pounds. (estimated frame size would be nice also)

THANKS!

·
Registered
739 Posts
daresoul2001 said:
I been reluctant to post and ask this question, because you guys answer this same question ALL the time. I am Just cuious what you recommand for me.

First thing is First My Ideal Budget is 400-500 may be willing to strectch it to 600. But i am a starving College Student So it may take me a while to get that much lol.

I am looking to getting back into bike riding, and with that into Mtbing. I havnt ridden in i say about 3 years. When I did ride i rode an old Trek 800 sport, rigid frame, I got back in (1999) 6th grade, as a birthday present. I rode that thing to death. even in highschool. I rode up steep trails went down them. I jumped it, Did 3'-4' drops on it. I had a blast on it. I still have the bike but it is dead, cant shift gears or anything anymore one it. My biggest problem i had on it was bending the rims. Had to replace them couple of times.

Now i am looking for a bike, i see all this Suspension on them, some of it almost as much as my dirtbike lol. and i am like :eekster: cool.

I am bascally looking for a bike in that price range where i can ride up steep hills which means go down them, abuse it offroad like idid with ym trek, and be stupid and try to hurt my self jumping off of stuff.

i am 19 years old, 5'11 and wiegh 195 pounds. (estimated frame size would be nice also)

THANKS!
you should see my what 5 question to ask thread.:D

I'd recommend a HT for <600. And the two I'd recommend are

http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/ALP-650-Details.html
and
Iron Horse Warrior Race 2006 (XC Race) http://www.rscycle.com/

Now at 5'11" you are best with an 18" or 19" frame. They are both good values for the money. I've never owned an IH, but do have an IBEX and their customer service is great. You really cannot go wrong with either one. I prefer the brakes on the ibex, but the shock on the IH( that is just me)...and I do like the looks of the IBEX a bit more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.