Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1627 Posts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
2999 is a heck of a good price for carbon base model. Carbon frame these day at full retail at this price. Digging the light color dune grey more than the black.

Too bad no frame only option yet. As long as the world’s economy is down, I see frame only option soon.

·
Registered
774 Posts
So i noticed that the specs on the Comp and the Pro model are identical.... Got this response from YT

"We are working to fix that currently. The biggest differnec in the two is the coomp comes with a Fox 34 Rhythm, NX drive train, and G2 R brakes"

·
Registered
605 Posts
The pro spec is a great deal. Those wheels are like 2700 bucks retail just as is. Also full factory suspension and X01.

I wish YT allowed you to pick a build separate of frame color. Got a think for that ghostship green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmmm. I'm liking it. Maybe I'll wait till the end of the year for a discount.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
The Comp could be perfect for my wife, but out of stock until September? I mean that’s going to put me out straight off. I don’t want to have to wait 5 months for a bike!

·
g=9.764m/s2
725 Posts
Hmmm. I'm liking it. Maybe I'll wait till the end of the year for a discount.
If they sell out, won’t be none to discount... d;o)

The Comp could be perfect for my wife, but out of stock until September? I mean that’s going to put me out straight off. I don’t want to have to wait 5 months for a bike!
Ahhh, therefore you haven’t owned a new YT yet...

·
Registered
21 Posts
If they sell out, won’t be none to discount... d;o)

Ahhh, therefore you haven’t owned a new YT yet...
True. Was looking to replace my 2018 Capra next yr with a new Capra, But this Izzo looks too fun. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Looks like a nice setup. I don't know much about wheel sets but I'd rather have the RSC brakes on the Jeffsy CF Pro (they come on the Izzo Pro Race).

I'm probably still more in the Jeffsy range. Will be interesting to hear reviews on how the suspension design differs. This looks more like what's on a Giant or Trek. I really liked the Giant suspension I had more than I liked my VPP/Santa Cruz suspension.

·
Registered
774 Posts
As a non serious XC racer that loves partying on the downs.... this bike speaks to me in a lot of ways. I really dig how they didn't go for a "Short Travel Trail Bike" like the optic. The Jeffsy fills the trail bike category so well.

This bike is a nimble and light platform with twist lock suspension, and enough travel to have a great time on the way down. There doesn't seem to be tons of excitement about this release, but I think they did a great job of not stepping on their own feet with a lot of overlap.

I would love to ride this steed in the SM100!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Question - this and other YT bikes seem like a really good spec value. Is this because you buy online? Is there something to watch out for w/YT bikes? The pro Izzo at $3900 seems like a 5K bike with the big brands.

Thx.

·
Registered
971 Posts
My only concern is the PinkBike reviewer noted flex that left tire marks on the chain stays....And he’s only ~165.

I’m gonna wait for a few more reviews, bc I can’t have that!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My only concern is the PinkBike reviewer noted flex that left tire marks on the chain stays....And he’s only ~165.

I’m gonna wait for a few more reviews, bc I can’t have that!
Yikes. Apparently I missed that in the review. I guess I'll let you know once mine arrives.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yikes. Apparently I missed that in the review. I guess I'll let you know once mine arrives.
In the “descending” section, he wrote: Despite that ample clearance, you can still hear the tire buzzing the inside of the chainstays if you really throw it into a big, supportive corner.

And then reinterates it in comments section when he’s questioned about it.

That’s with the Forecaster out back.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In the “descending” section, he wrote: Despite that ample clearance, you can still hear the tire buzzing the inside of the chainstays if you really throw it into a big, supportive corner.

Yeah might be cancelling my order after hearing that.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts

Yeah might be cancelling my order after hearing that.
Could run a 2.2 rear tire, like an Ardent Race
Not sure of I.D on rims, might not be optimal

Use to own a shortish travel 29er and ran Ardent Races front and back 2.35/2.2.

Was my favorite tire setup on that steed.

Might/might not alleviate rub.

PS - I couldn't buy one... apparently it's only made for sub 100kg riders

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 1627 Posts