Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
221 - 240 of 1205 Posts

·
Humanoid Lobster
672 Posts
Translated into caveman for your edification:
"Oog buy bike for Ogg's woman. She ride once while sun out. Oog no like "front chain mover hand." Oog scrape off "chain mover hand perch" with stone. Frame pipe still good, Oog know this. You buy Oog's classic steel frame. Make one speed."
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bontrager-Frameset-/330448920314

·
Humanoid Lobster
672 Posts
mrjustin007 said:
Might be worth it for the Paul derailleurs . . .
And the Grafton cranks, and Avid Tri-aligns. Still, not a deal IMHO. Not completely outrageous, but no great deal.

Also kind of fun that it is 'Carbon-Carbon-CNC-Carbon', but of no particular size. :rolleyes:
I love clicking on "Ask seller a question" to say "Wot size izzit?"

·
Registered
720 Posts
Says "VRC" in the auction title so perhaps a regular on this board?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bridgestone-MB-0-Zip-Mavic-Paris-GAO-Dakar-M231-231-VRC-/130409306135?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e5d001817#ht_2922wt_1137

I'm not aware that a Black 36H Gao Dakar hub "came spec'ed on a 1991 Bridgestone MB-0"

Wondering if we will ever see the rest of the parted out Zip - time will tell i guess
("I also have many other Suntour XC Pro stuff coming down the pipeline from my parted out zip.")

Implying that this wheel came off a parted out Zip?!

·
Registered
720 Posts
btw, threads like this are used on other sites (peachparts.com for example) to make the marketplace safer for all....guys are willing to check out cars for other members, offer feedback, and give genuinely helpful/honest advice. It's not a selfish thing at all.

mendon, good idea to start the thread (in my opinion) even though some regulars may get bummed that they are "outed" for trying to mislead other vintage bike enthusiasts

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
klasse said:
btw, threads like this are used on other sites (peachparts.com for example) to make the marketplace safer for all....guys are willing to check out cars for other members, offer feedback, and give genuinely helpful/honest advice. It's not a selfish thing at all.

mendon, good idea to start the thread (in my opinion) even though some regulars may get bummed that they are "outed" for trying to mislead other vintage bike enthusiasts
read the entire thread, then read it again

·
Humanoid Lobster
672 Posts
hollister said:
read the entire thread, then read it again
With all due respect, I think it is too late for that. He KNOWS! The operation is compromised. :madman:

I recommend engaging Self Destruct Protocol Alpha. We can reassemble at the bunker in Death Valley. Temporary authority for fixing all VRC prices for North America will temporarily be transferred to Retrobike.uk until the council can convene an emergency session.

Good luck gentlemen, stay close to ground. Enemy agents will be close on our heels!

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
Jak0zilla said:
I recommend engaging Self Destruct Protocol Alpha. We can reassemble at the bunker in Death Valley.
I recommend an alternate location. Forcast is 123 degrees in Death Valley today. Bay area sounds much nicer.:D

221 - 240 of 1205 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.