Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
El Beastro, I understand you are waiting for one as well. I'm working with Larry, he's got my order into Ventana and my components on the way.

I'm just trying to busy myself with other things. You know, a watched pot never boils!

At least I'm (we're) in good company!

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
El Salt said:
El Beastro, I understand you are waiting for one as well. I'm working with Larry, he's got my order into Ventana and my components on the way.

I'm just trying to busy myself with other things. You know, a watched pot never boils!

At least I'm (we're) in good company!
Squeeky Wheel is waiting for one patiently as well. Luckily he's keeping himself preoccupied by skiing every weekend.

Luckily I have a snow bike or I'd be going stir crazy here in Colorado.

We know Larry will do his best to get them to us as soon as Ventana has them built and shipped. My Industry Nine wheelset is sitting patiently at MHC awaiting a frame.

:nonod:

I'm hoping someone from Ventana will pipe up and give us an update on production.

--Beast

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Is THIS what's going on at Ventana?

This might explain things?

Spy photos from inside the Ventana factory:

Mad Scientist Sherwood Gibson working day and night to make is creations come to life.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well, if it makes you feel any better....

.....My frame is sitting patiently at MHC awaiting a pair of Industry Nine wheels :madman:

El Beastro said:
Squeeky Wheel is waiting for one patiently as well. Luckily he's keeping himself preoccupied by skiing every weekend.

We know Larry will do his best to get them to us as soon as Ventana has them built and shipped. My Industry Nine wheelset is sitting patiently at MHC awaiting a frame.

I'm hoping someone from Ventana will pipe up and give us an update on production.

--Beast

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
Larry would know as much as anybody,..... but aside from that.
The Delay has always and remains to be a supplier issue. Well, that and Sherwood's refusal to put out an inferior product just to rush frames out the door. I believe some proto downtubes arrived LATE last month and were not up to snuff. Sherwood was working with them to get exactly what he wanted. (And what was best for the Terremoto/Bruja frames)

-Aaron

·
Team Fearless Descender
1,976 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
Sherwood was working with them to get exactly what he wanted.
Exactly why there is no other, and why so many of us love Ventana...

As D-Rock said, "When you're through f*@kin' around, you call Sherwood!"

·
Banned
29 Posts
Beastro-

El Beastro said:

--Beast
Are you still going to do the "custom" paint you had mentioned? You can always call Theresa. Last I spoke to her, Sherwood had received a small shipment of the tubes and was testing them. I wonder if they had this many delays when they developed the old Bruja downtube?

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
No, VERY different Beasts..

guinness said:
I wonder if they had this many delays when they developed the old Bruja downtube?
No, not all. the old school Bruja DT started life as a Round Tube that Sherwood and Co. Swaged to it's final size. It's also straight guage tubing.

The New DT- is both Butted, swaged AND tapered. Lighter, stronger and cooler!

But MUCH More complex to make.

-Aaron

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
I want my Moto, but in no hurry.

Not really hung up on schedule as I know that Sherwood is attempting to resolve a few issues with tubing. Would rather wait until all the kinks are worked out and get a solid ride than attempt to rush the process.

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
Ciclistagonzo said:
No, not all. the old school Bruja DT started life as a Round Tube that Sherwood and Co. Swaged to it's final size. It's also straight guage tubing.

The New DT- is both Butted, swaged AND tapered. Lighter, stronger and cooler!

But MUCH More complex to make.

-Aaron
LOL............................ quit rubbing in how sweet the new Terremoto is going to be compared to my ole Bruja ! :D TIG.

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
You don't see me in line to get one do ya? :)
I love my Bruja, and unless something horrible happens to it, I'm keeping her.

But it is nice to know that IF something happens.....

-Aaron

·
melon farmer
567 Posts
build specs?

What forks are you folks planing on putting on these much-anticipated Terremotos? Anyone opting for the 1.5 headtube so they can go for a Totem? What about standard headtubes - Lyriks or 66SLs? Other options?

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
marcus_dukakis said:
What forks are you folks planing on putting on these much-anticipated Terremotos? Anyone opting for the 1.5 headtube so they can go for a Totem? What about standard headtubes - Lyriks or 66SLs? Other options?
Well, I'll be replacing my current old Bruja with a new one.
Going to the 1.5 headtube, cause, why not?!
Running the 07 Totem 1.5" 2-Step Air 130-180mm fork.
Ball Burnished frame. Going for the full chrome look with all black parts.
SRAM X.9 drivetrain.
RaceFace Diabulous crankset.
Thomson post/stem.
WTB saddle
EA70 bars
Crank Bros. Candy SL pedals.
Maxxis tyres.
Hope hubs w/Mavic EX823rims.

Replacing my old Bruja frame, Talas 36RC2 fork, shimano drivetrain combo.

Now Ciclistagonzo, the question is, how will this bike ride the PC races?! Yikes! Gonna have to earn those places this year.:madman: Glad there's a Clyde class for me on my near dh bike and Body-by-Buffet!:p

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.