Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A lot of us have ordered 2008 rocky mountain, everybody here crave for their rocky.I've ordered mine and i have been told that I should not expect to receive it before march.

Let's us know if your shop started to receive them and if you received yours ! Your location would be interesting also.:thumbsup:

Post pics !

·
Registered
226 Posts
Megaclocker said:
A lot of us have ordered 2008 rocky mountain, everybody here crave for their rocky.I've ordered a element 70 and i have been told that I should not expect to receive it before march.

Let's us know if your shop started to receive them and if you received yours ! Your location would be interesting also.:thumbsup:

Post pics !
The wait can be tough, but the wait is certainly worth it. It took about a month longer to get my Tribal Element 70 frame last spring. As soon as I seen what it looked like I placed my order for that frame. I was told that they send the frames from BC to QC after they are painted causing a longer delay. I suppose they inspect them at Pro-Cycles head office before they are returned to the factory for assembly or shipping.

Steve

·
Registered
832 Posts
Element70 on order, originally a 90, but switched due to a pricing error. I was told to expect it late Feb, early March, can't wait to try it.

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
They're all assembled into complete bikes in QC these days. For 2008 the paint moved to Quebec as well, so the raw Element frames are built in Delta and shipped to QC for paint and assembly.

So far it's just the Element 90 that gets the svelte new lightweight carbon seat stay.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kris said:
Element70 on order, originally a 90, but switched due to a pricing error. I was told to expect it late Feb, early March, can't wait to try it.
Exactly my situation !

rockyuphill said:
They're all assembled into complete bikes in QC these days. For 2008 the paint moved to Quebec as well, so the raw Element frames are built in Delta and shipped to QC for paint and assembly.

So far it's just the Element 90 that gets the svelte new lightweight carbon seat stay.
The 70 does'nt have carbon stays ?

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
Megaclocker said:
The 70 does'nt have carbon stays ?
The Element 30-70 have carbon stays, just like 2007, but they found they could slim them down and make them lighter with no loss of stiffness, so the 90 gets the lighter ones this year (not the Team apparently). The other carbon stays are the same for the Element and SXC frames.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I just checked the pictures, and sure enough, you're right about the stays. I never noticed that before, but now I can't help thinking how much nicer they are on the 90, thank's a lot. ;) Hmm, I'm wondering I should have stuck with the 90 now. It's $530 more, but that seems a bit more reasonable now with the upgraded frame.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Kris said:
I just checked the pictures, and sure enough, you're right about the stays. I never noticed that before, but now I can't help thinking how much nicer they are on the 90, thank's a lot. ;) Hmm, I'm wondering I should have stuck with the 90 now. It's $530 more, but that seems a bit more reasonable now with the upgraded frame.
I've seen the new Element 90 carbon stays in person, and IMO they don't look "nicer" they just look straight and pinner. The 70's stays are more shapely and inspire more confidence. Also, RMB will have way more replacement stock on hand for the 70's stays should your crack one, given that they use these stays on many models of Elements.

So no regrets Kris, you got the bike of they year, not the bike with the oddball spec'd stays & brakes.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
islander said:
I've seen the new Element 90 carbon stays in person, and IMO they don't look "nicer" they just look straight and pinner. The 70's stays are more shapely and inspire more confidence. Also, RMB will have way more replacement stock on hand for the 70's stays should your crack one, given that they use these stays on many models of Elements.

So no regrets Kris, you got the bike of they year, not the bike with the oddball spec'd stays & brakes.
LOL

I wonder how much lighter are the upgraded stays.... hum....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered an Element 50 on september. Delivery was suppose to be november 12 but they just received the missing part so he told me to expect the whole bike in 2 weeks :D

·
Registered
229 Posts
Waiting for a warrantied ETSX frame. Called 'bout a week ago and was told another couple of weeks. Antsy, antsy, antsy..... :crazy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
ECOdork said:
Waiting for a warrantied ETSX frame. Called 'bout a week ago and was told another couple of weeks. Antsy, antsy, antsy..... :crazy:
Hey, I'm waiting too. Haven't called, but I am waiting for a reply from the dealer who is handling the warranty claim. Also antsy, antsy, antsy . . .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Are you waiting for an ETSX also? If so, what are you going to do about your fork?
I suppose I could use the 100mm Fox Float R, but I really want that bigger travel it is spec'd for...
I have an 05 Marz AM1 sitting in my garage that may have too short of a tube, so I'm kicking around the idea of going FOX. Maybe Talas, maybe Float... Anyone have any ideas on the feel of the Vanilla vs. the air shocks?

mg5904 said:
Hey, I'm waiting too. Haven't called, but I am waiting for a reply from the dealer who is handling the warranty claim. Also antsy, antsy, antsy . . .

·
ups and downs
15,599 Posts
The Vanilla are noticeably heavier than the Float or TALAS and while they can have good small bump performance, you do have to change the spring to match rider weight. The Fox TALAS is the way to go, or perhaps a RS Revelation Air U-Turn. If Marzocchi has the XC700 fork sorted out for 2008, that might be a viable option as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ECOdork said:
Are you waiting for an ETSX also? If so, what are you going to do about your fork?
I suppose I could use the 100mm Fox Float R, but I really want that bigger travel it is spec'd for...
I have an 05 Marz AM1 sitting in my garage that may have too short of a tube, so I'm kicking around the idea of going FOX. Maybe Talas, maybe Float... Anyone have any ideas on the feel of the Vanilla vs. the air shocks?
My funds are short right now (back in school) so I anticipate going cheap and recycling whatever I can from my old build. Down the line I may investigate changing forks and going a little bigger, but for now I'm staying stock.

Sorry, no great suggestions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well hot diggity! Just got a call for the bike shop, my frame came in this after noon. ETSX 70. Real curious to see how it compares to my old '04.

·
Registered
229 Posts
:thumbsup:
I got the same call this afternoon!!!! :D
The bad news is that the closest rocky dealer is 1.5 h away in Winston-Salem, NC. But by great karmic happenstance, I'll be heading that way for work tomorrow! :cool:

I think this new frame will be nice. They beefedit up in all the right places (e.g. lower seat tube). They mellowed out the geometry just enough and added a little more squish that it should take the edge off the pucker-factor when things got really steep & raunchy on that 03 frame.

This might be the homebrew talking, but I think I'm going to cash in an upcoming b-day (and xmas) present on that 08 Talas from Bob's Bicycles with the free CK headset! :rockon:

mg5904 said:
Well hot diggity! Just got a call for the bike shop, my frame came in this after noon. ETSX 70. Real curious to see how it compares to my old '04.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts