Kind shock post
xt sift/der and 11-36 cassette
raceface bars/stem
wtb seat
formula rx brakes
Mrp 2 chain guide
gravity tapered headset
shock rp23
that's it for now hopefully pictures in a week or two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Nice.

I want those wheels.

Do I have to wait until mine's coming to show part pictures? Or can I just show a picture of a box full of parts? :D

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drop the guide and get the XTR M985... it works.. and run a lite BBG bashguard. Otherwise, solid build!
I'm gonna wait for that lever thingy to trickle down to the XT level, unless an XTR falls in my lap. I have a hard time justifying XTR coinage for a disposable piece(rear derailleur), even at the prices I have access to.

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
So what's with the Fox fork there X-Fusion guy??

Huh, Huh, Huh?

just bustin yer chops - and severly jealous.
I love new bike smell.

michael

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
Haha, pretty simple....whoever flows the most product into my garage...wins!
Well just in case you get into an overflow situation, my garage has plenty of room!! Just sayin'

m

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
About the only thing I don't have sorted is the dropper post. A Reverb was recommended to me, but reading a few horror stories. Also, I like the new Spec Command posts (in 125mm) 3 position drop seems ideal. I dont need infinite adjust, how annoying.

Is that the KS post? Why did you pick that one?

Or maybe I will just get a Thomson Masterpiece and screw the whole dropper idea (and lighter too)

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
About the only thing I don't have sorted is the dropper post. A Reverb was recommended to me, but reading a few horror stories. Also, I like the new Spec Command posts (in 125mm) 3 position drop seems ideal. I dont need infinite adjust, how annoying.

Is that the KS post? Why did you pick that one?

Or maybe I will just get a Thomson Masterpiece and screw the whole dropper idea (and lighter too)
Dropper posts will change your life, and make you a better rider. The convenience is almost ridiculous, and the terrain in my neighborhood isn't even nearly as up-and-down as many other places.

The Reverb is popular, but I've heard many stories of it not working properly straight out of the box, and it requiring more routine maintenance to keep it running. I chose this KS 5" i-950 over the Reverb last year to avoid these issues, and also because the KS remote is far and away the most elegant on the market, since it replaces one of your odi grip clamps, and is 100% reversible, and even invertible if necessary. I am VERY surprised other companies haven't copied their remote design, perhaps a patent is pending?

KS is the only company to offer a 6" dropper, their "supernatural", and their next model called the "Lev" will have the cable attachment point near the seat collar instead of at the top of the post, which inches there post ever closer to "holy grail" status when coupled with 6" of drop. The Lev will be available in February.

The new Fox DOSS post looks like a disappointment so far, even after 3 years of prototype status. The cable attaches at the top of the post which already puts it years behind KS and RS Reverb, since they both have models attaching at the very bottom of the post. The DOSS also has the ugliest and clunkiest remote lever on the market. It actually requires 2 levers to make it cycle thru it's 3 positions. You heard me right, it's not even infinitely adjustable, it only has 3 positions... all the way up, all the way down, and half way. Why it would require 2 different levers to make this work is a mystery. Fox has some catching up to do.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
The only thing I've done with my KS is replaced the cable housing and cable. That took me 10 minutes.

That's with riding all last winter/spring in the muckiest/wettest year I can remember. It might not be as sexy as the reverb, but it works great and is user serviceable. Also, mine is the 5" drop version and I can comfortably hit everything on my local trails (galby, chuckanut, blanchard) without having to lower the post into the seat tube any further.

The buddies with reverbs do love them, but they seem to have to periodically bleed them and a few have also broken the barb on the end - which (currently) means sending it back to SRAM.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Dropper posts will change your life, and make you a better rider. The convenience is almost ridiculous, and the terrain in my neighborhood isn't even nearly as up-and-down as many other places.
Nothing I've ridden in TX, AZ, or CO warrants using one. I understand you like yours, but they are hardly gonna make anyone a better rider. From what I'm reading, it does look like they will make you a better mechanic :D.

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
Oh man. Mrwhlr you are a luddite. Nonsense & gobbledy**** coming out of yer gob.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

The Reverb is popular, but I've heard many stories of it not working properly straight out of the box, and it requiring more routine maintenance to keep it running. I chose this KS 5" i-950 over the Reverb last year to avoid these issues, and also because the KS remote is far and away the most elegant on the market, since it replaces one of your odi grip clamps, and is 100% reversible, and even invertible if necessary. I am VERY surprised other companies haven't copied their remote design, perhaps a patent is pending?

KS is the only company to offer a 6" dropper, their "supernatural", and their next model called the "Lev" will have the cable attachment point near the seat collar instead of at the top of the post, which inches there post ever closer to "holy grail" status when coupled with 6" of drop. The Lev will be available in February.

The new Fox DOSS post looks like a disappointment so far, even after 3 years of prototype status. The cable attaches at the top of the post which already puts it years behind KS and RS Reverb, since they both have models attaching at the very bottom of the post. The DOSS also has the ugliest and clunkiest remote lever on the market. It actually requires 2 levers to make it cycle thru it's 3 positions. You heard me right, it's not even infinitely adjustable, it only has 3 positions... all the way up, all the way down, and half way. Why it would require 2 different levers to make this work is a mystery. Fox has some catching up to do.
I have to say I would rather have a dropper post with less features that is bullet proof than one with lots of features that is a constant headache.
I went down the Reverb route and it was just a nightmare. I loved what that post offered up, but after going through three of them and multiple warranty claims, no thanks.
Back went on the Command post, which seems basically the same thing as the FOX, and I have just been able to focus on my riding instead of constantly taking trips to the post office. I am convinced that a simple mechanical mechanism is the way to go when it comes to dropper posts, until someone can convince me otherwise.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I have to say I would rather have a dropper post with less features that is bullet proof than one with lots of features that is a constant headache.
I went down the Reverb route and it was just a nightmare. I loved what that post offered up, but after going through three of them and multiple warranty claims, no thanks.
Back went on the Command post, which seems basically the same thing as the FOX, and I have just been able to focus on my riding instead of constantly taking trips to the post office. I am convinced that a simple mechanical mechanism is the way to go when it comes to dropper posts, until someone can convince me otherwise.
Yep, my KS Supernatural has been sent back five times now in past 5 months. When I just got it back last week (after over a 3wk wait), I immediately noticed had the little red cable actuated lever on back of post would not lock in place, thereby back to KS. Hopefully the new KS Lev does not have near the reliability problems my Supernatural has had and for some reason a lot less reliable than a lot of i-950's from what I hear. My trusty Gravity Dropper is back on bike in the meantime, although a 6" adj. post is ideal for me. Even though the GD is not the sexiest dropper posts out there and wiggles back and forth and side to side, it has been the most reliable post I have owned to date out of three different posts. I too, didn't care for the Reverb and sold it after 3 weeks due to being pretty finicky to dial in and not all that great, IMO.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
All the way up, all the time

Oh man. Mrwhlr you are a luddite. Nonsense & gobbledy**** coming out of yer gob.
An aversion to wasting money certainly qualifies me on the above counts to many spodes.

Here's some more nonsense: There are few around here that get through steep technical stuff as fast as I can. That ratio stays pretty constant elsewhere too....it's not the damn seat post.

Celebrating little red square day again too! :)

1 - 20 of 273 Posts