Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Highline chainstay issue has reached epidemic proportions. The best way to document the situation is with a dedicated thread filled with snuff shots. Moderator, please make this thread "sticky" so the board members can contribute their photos quickly and easily. Thank you.

I'll go first....

I urge anyone who has photos of broken Highlines to post them on this sticky thread. This is a matter of public safety and should not be ignored. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
The Highline chainstay issue has reached epidemic proportions. The best way to document the situation is with a dedicated thread filled with snuff shots. Moderator, please make this thread "sticky" so the board members can contribute their photos quickly and easily. Thank you.

I'll go first....

I urge anyone who has photos of broken Highlines to post them on this sticky thread. This is a matter of public safety and should not be ignored. Much appreciated.
BWAHAHAHAHA!

YOU sir, are a Hater, in the first degree....

man I really wish Hambone & Ddwag had talked me into giving up my Free for a Highline when they did! I too could be waiting for a new chainstay this winter....

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Internet wonder

Well won't you have fun with this kev. But the truth is that most of the broken chainstays from the whole years production have already been seen somewhere on the forum, yep the beauty of digital cameras. Sorry it is not the landslide collapse of a model you were hoping for.

For the riders that are waiting for new chainstays- they are scheduled for end of February and we will do our best to have the correct # of silver and black on hand. Now that date does not include glass beading and anodizing so that will add a couple weeks.

There is a new Highline chainstay for every single 2006 frame built, so even if you are part of the notable majority of riders that have not broken your chainstay, call us and get a new one. This will make sure that years from now, regardless of the number of resales every Highline frame will have chainstays that are known to be 'tough enough', no guessing.

David Turner

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not that I had any worries about my frame personally, but I sure am relieved to have a definitve answer for the haters (namely Dusty Bottoms and LargeExtraCheese). Read it and weep, haters!

PS. I love my Highline!:p

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
What a class act.

It's a shame Dusty puts so much energy in ripping on Turner when there are so many mfgrs of frames and components that wouldn't even go half as far as this.

Shite happens, it's unfortunate no question...it's what one does about it that makes the difference between a Gem and a Petrified Turd.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Meh. Yeah, so that sucks. But what company hasn't accidentally put out a bad batch of product? It's how they deal with it that matters.

I'd still ride a Turner. And I am not currently a Homer.

JMH

·
-> SickLines.com <-
3,196 Posts
It happens with just about every manuf. Its how they handle the issue that sets one apart from the other. The thread seems to have a sour stigma about its birth.

I could see doing something like this if the manufacturer denied or tried to say it didn't happen or that it was the customers fault.

I've yet to see any "everyone post up your busted Demo 8 / Specialized SX chainstay threads" and those by the sounds of it were far more monumental and larger in size.

I personally wouldn't post pictures of a broken frame unless the manufacturer denied that there was an issue as these sorts of threads end up popping up giving a fairly good manufacturer a false premonition. I'd explain what happens, but pictures can get convoluted in the bigger picture.
Maybe its bragging, who knows?

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
if the mods wont quickly shut this thing down and show dusty the door, allow me to suggest a different direction for this thread. instead of using a manufactures forum where folks come to get accurate info on the brand, usin it for the sole purpous of bashing a good man, his fine company and a damn decent product that saw a relitively small number of vendor caused failures in comparison to volume built (as opposed to other fave brands might i add), how about we quote all the moronic crap dusty has said over the years? post pics of his mistakes on the trail. we could round up all the misinformation hes passed onto our fair readers. in short, we have a golden oppertunity to turn this around and make the proper person look like a ass. at least we would have a deserving subject.

and to you dusty, you may think this is funny or some sort of misguided public service announcment when all it is would be another sign of your own lame charactor. welcome back to my ignore list you child.

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
cactuscorn said:
if the mods wont quickly shut this thing down and show dusty the door, allow me to suggest a different direction for this thread. instead of using a manufactures forum where folks come to get accurate info on the brand, usin it for the sole purpous of bashing a good man, his fine company and a damn decent product that saw a relitively small number of vendor caused failures in comparison to volume built (as opposed to other fave brands might i add), how about we quote all the moronic crap dusty has said over the years? post pics of his mistakes on the trail. we could round up all the misinformation hes passed onto our fair readers. in short, we have a golden oppertunity to turn this around and make the proper person look like a ass. at least we would have a deserving subject.

and to you dusty, you may think this is funny or some sort of misguided public service announcment when all it is would be another sign of your own lame charactor. welcome back to my ignore list you child.
What is it about bashing a good man? DT does build great bikes IMO, and every manufacturer "does" have issues from time to time and Turner Susp Bikes, back up thier sh!t second to none.

But that doesn't change the fact that the "homer board" had "how many" threads praising the HL after/during I-bike, and not one of them thought to mention thier were several defective ones of which many broke... I assume befor the very eye's "so to speak" of the very board members sending back, and heeping praise on a FR bike.... which a larg part of it's "mo" is durability. I'm sorry but that hit a sour note with me.

Hard to imagen "Turner Susp Bikes" not being great, or tough, but a complete shutdown of the facts??? If it went down diffrent and I'm miss-informed please fill me in, because this is what I've come to understand. I'm open!

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
I see a rogue sticker.......is that coma13's bike?

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
it was discussed and adressed. the replacement rears are not a new idea. anyone who had a bad rear got a new one so they could keep ridin till the correctly "built to spec" rears were finished. furthermore, this is the 1st hl rear failure ive heard of since october '06 i think. is it disapointing? sure. epidemic? i think not. its nuthin more than someones cry for attention and some twisted form of self respect.

G

·
cactuscorn said:
it was discussed and adressed. the replacement rears are not a new idea. anyone who had a bad rear got a new one so they could keep ridin till the correctly "built to spec" rears were finished. furthermore, this is the 1st hl rear failure ive heard of since october '06 i think. is it disapointing? sure. epidemic? i think not. its nuthin more than someones cry for attention and some twisted form of self respect.
The post gave DT a chance to shine once again. His CS rocks, he's unflappable, and he stands behind his product.

Unfortunately for you, the post also gave you yet another chance to show what a simpering, whiny, Turner toady you are, in addition to illustrating once again that you take this forum WAY too seriously and evidently have a great deal of your self-worth tied up in a collection of aluminum tubes that bear the Turner name.

I now return you to your usual smarmy banter...get on it!

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
if
the mods wont quickly shut this thing down and show dusty the door, allow me to suggest a different direction for this thread. instead of using a manufactures forum where folks come to get accurate info on the brand, usin it for the sole purpous of bashing a good man, his fine company and a damn decent product that saw a relitively small number of vendor caused failures in comparison to volume built (as opposed to other fave brands might i add), how about we quote all the moronic crap dusty has said over the years? post pics of his mistakes on the trail. we could round up all the misinformation hes passed onto our fair readers. in short, we have a golden oppertunity to turn this around and make the proper person look like a ass. at least we would have a deserving subject.

Well said CC:thumbsup:

Outstanding CS again! not only do you get a great ride, you know youve got nothing to worry about when ya a Turner owner this is how you are looked after it dosen't get any better than this cheers DT

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
blackagness said:
...If it went down diffrent and I'm miss-informed please fill me in, because this is what I've come to understand. I'm open!
It's b/c if people created "The sky is falling...post it here" threads like this in every vendor's forum, then MTBR would be one great big b!tch box, with very little useful info or stoke.

There's a difference between discussing an issue and stirring the pot and the best Trolls walk that line in every post.
We can sit back and watch them dance around the letter of rule while overtly violating the spirit non-stop, or we can say enough is enough.

Goodness knows we nit-pick here as well as anywhere, we certainly don't supress real issues.

G

·
Bikezilla said:
There's a difference between discussing an issue and stirring the pot and the best Trolls walk that line in every post.

We can sit back and watch them dance around the letter of rule while overtly violating the spirit non-stop, or we can say enough is enough.
#1 Why is it that anyone who threatens your howdy doody MTBR experience is a troll?

#2 Why are you threatened/bothered by someone posting a picture of a broken Turner? Why is that so personally devastating for you?

#3 Why do you want to deprive DT of yet another chance to differentiate himself from the other manufacturers with his amazing CS? Doesn't it give you a big ole week long lasting warm fuzzy when that happens in addition to further validating all of the emotional investment that you have in your bike??

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.