Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a short battle with As'ma, ("ask my wife"), syndrome, I got the OK to purchase my Nomad two weeks ago. My LBS told me since it was such a popular frame, it may take 6-8 weeks for delivery. It wasn't what I expected but I was still OK with that. My LBS called me last Friday and told me that they already received my bike and I could come pick it up anytime yesterday. Like a little kid, I was bouncing from wall to wall all weekend waiting for Monday to come around. Needless to say, on Monday I headed to my LBS right after work and picked up my new toy. It's a black ano with the '07 Talas RC2 and X9AM kit. The only thing I upgraded to was a King Headset.

Man, I'm one happy dude. I had to sell my other bikes last year to come up with a down payment for a new house. MTB'ing was always on my mind. It took a year to get enough money to buy a new bike. Now I just got to get into bike shape.:thumbsup:

Some asked for pics, so here's a couple. . . Still need to fine tune a few things, (shock pressure, rebound, handle bar height, etc). Any help would be appreciated. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I cannot feel the excitement same as yours without showing us the pictures Bro... :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
What size?

bcalub said:
After a short battle with As'ma, ("ask my wife"), syndrome, I got the OK to purchase my Nomad two weeks ago. My LBS told me since it was such a popular frame, it may take 6-8 weeks for delivery. It wasn't what I expected but I was still OK with that. My LBS called me last Friday and told me that they already received my bike and I could come pick it up anytime yesterday. Like a little kid, I was bouncing from wall to wall all weekend waiting for Monday to come around. Needless to say, on Monday I headed to my LBS right after work and picked up my new toy. It's a black ano with the '07 Talas RC2 and X9AM kit. The only thing I upgraded to was a King Headset.

Man, I'm one happy dude. I had to sell my other bikes last year to come up with a down payment for a new house. MTB'ing was always on my mind. It took a year to get enough money to buy a new bike. Now I just got to get into bike shape.:thumbsup:
What size did you order?

·
Registered
523 Posts
That's great you got it ahead of time....but we need pics for the full effect

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think you were really lucky ordering the bike now. I waited four months for my black ano with the same setup. Seems Santa Cruz is producing black frames at the moment.. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is that a small? The bike looks like it is elevated. right? Just a quick question on size. I am looking at getting a Nomad. I am 5.7' do you think a small will be ok?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tayancycles said:
Is that a small? The bike looks like it is elevated. right? Just a quick question on size. I am looking at getting a Nomad. I am 5.7' do you think a small will be ok?
Yes, the bike is elevated. It's also a small. I'm just shy of 5'6" and the bike seems to feel roomy enough for me. I test rode a medium and I felt a little too stretched out for my liking. I believe the standover heights are the same for both sizes so it's really up to you how stretched out you want to be. Test ride is key!

·
Registered
294 Posts
'07 Talas RC2

Nice bike! Just a quick question: Do the caps on the '07 Talas hit the downtube on the Small when turning the bars (it was an issue on the '06 forks)?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do you mind if i ask you more questions? Is you X9 kit 07's? If yes are they any good? second how long is your stm. Thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wonko said:
I think you were really lucky ordering the bike now. I waited four months for my black ano with the same setup. Seems Santa Cruz is producing black frames at the moment.. :)
Yeah, I've had a Large Ano Black X9 AM Complete on order for over 4 months. Still no bike.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
bcalub said:

Some asked for pics, so here's a couple. . . Still need to fine tune a few things, (shock pressure, rebound, handle bar height, etc). Any help would be appreciated. . .
Awesome! Congrats! Now go get it dirty!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Larsey said:
Nice bike! Just a quick question: Do the caps on the '07 Talas hit the downtube on the Small when turning the bars (it was an issue on the '06 forks)?
Just checked it and it does. :eek: Anyone know if getting around this besides "not doing it"?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ventana Crown Race

Ventana Crown Race for King. Comes in 4mm or 7mm in memory serves me correct. Should give you the clearance you need.

Is it just me but I think the build quality (welding, Ano finish, etc.) has been Top Notch on the Nomads as of late.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Larsey said:
Ventana Crown Race for King. Comes in 4mm or 7mm in memory serves me correct. Should give you the clearance you need.

Is it just me but I think the build quality (welding, Ano finish, etc.) has been Top Notch on the Nomads as of late.
Thanks, Larsey!!!

Back around '95, I owned a Ventana Marble Peak FS and remember Sherwood Gibson's, (I think that was his name), "electric sex" weld beads? I loved that bike. About the same time, my brothers owned a Tazmon and the other owned one of the original Hecklers. Around 2000, I got my very first Santa Cruz Superlight. The build quality on those bikes were pretty good. But the Nomad is just crazy!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts