Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Behold! One night while I was sleeping I had a vision from Above. I saw a bright light and a deep voice said wouldn’t it be cool if there was single track trail from Issaquah to HWY. 18 along the south side of I 90? I sat up and said how come I hadn’t thought of that? The voice from Above just laughed and was gone.

No that’s not how it happened. While working on the Grand Ridge trail another MTBer got to talking to the county parks guy about this. The parks guy said he had given some thought to this and likes the idea. The land is almost all owned by the state or county. The trail would follow the contour along the hill side. Sure there would be lots of freeway noise but it would be a great ride. Some great epics could be done by making a loop of Grand Ridge, Preston and Tiger. Pavement, dirt road, RR grade and single track. All of this within a 10 minute ride of the Issaquah P & R and good bus service. Just a thought (or pipe dream), no official plans that I know of. I just wanted to make folk aware of the possibilities.

Does anyone else have any visions?

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Actually, you can scab together something across there already by following the powerlines from High Point up to the Preston Fall City Exit. Then, cross the road, ride a little ways up a driveway and look for an old gate on your left. Take that old road up to above the trailer park and ride up the pavement a 100 feet or so and take the trail to your left. It will drop down into a wash out and then pick up an old road bed that will take you up to just West of the hard hairpin right on the road just below the PRT....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.