Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the Tonic is SICK on DJs, and a bit big for street. But I ride 99% street so I want something smaller.

I think it's gonna be 27" bars, Fly cranks/brake/grips/pedals, Odyssey lever and Elemental stem, but I don't know about wheels yet. I think I may go prebuilt, but I don't know.

I think I want a Poverty freecoaster rear wheel to slap on and see if I like it, and then a regular set too.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
Ojai Bicyclist said:
Well the Tonic is SICK on DJs, and a bit big for street. But I ride 99% street so I want something smaller.

I think it's gonna be 27" bars, Fly cranks/brake/grips/pedals, Odyssey lever and Elemental stem, but I don't know about wheels yet. I think I may go prebuilt, but I don't know.

I think I want a Poverty freecoaster rear wheel to slap on and see if I like it, and then a regular set too.
yeah bro, like I said, some big colony unlucky 13's, and the GEISHA! well, apparantly, KHE will be dropping a signature Bruce Crisman coaster called the Reverse (based on the Geisha, but heavier since it uses a solid 14mm axle instead of 14mm studs), and lace'em up to some Ribcages (SICK!) or some fly drilled rims... oh, and the Marmoset on the front, or Eject Option!!! dayum nice set-up! makes me wanna built a 20"er just for that reason.

what made you decide on the Fly frame? did you already order it?

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Albes had them for $200 ($215 OTD) and the frame has the features I like. Light-ish, spanish BB, int. seat clamp, int. HS, short rear end, nice finish. Other frames with good geo either had holes in 'em (;)) or were too expensive/ugly.

I may just throw on some beater wheels for a while and then eventually build some nice ones just to get it running.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.