Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
13,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Make room on your trails -- how long will it be before mountain bikers are being passed by these gizmos?
Wait, never mind. Not pedal assist -- illegal on many singletracks.
=sParty

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
The other onewheel things I've seen on the trails at Duthie a few times.

And if not the riders and devices themselves, but their tire tracks (its a very distinctive flat/wide single tread).

Even though they are explicitly illegal there (same with ebikes... but you see those there too sometimes).

The upside is these gizmos don't appear to do well on anything technical-ish. So they are really restricted to exceptionally smooth flow trails.

·
Administrator
11,573 Posts
I have seen those on my local trails at Duthie mountain bike park already. Those and the one wheels. I also have seen kids on tiny e-motorbikes following their parents on their one wheels at Paradise mountain bike trails too, which must have been miserable considering how rooty it is there.
Like this:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Nature

Poor kid looked miserable.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
7,138 Posts
come on, I already blew my gasket on the DHL thread when I got up this morning

now you bring this to the forums ?

I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do something ...

E-dorks on their E-donut can E-bite me

·
Registered
8,828 Posts
I saw those with some frequency around Portland two summers back. Can't recall seeing a single one this summer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
EUC’s are gay. It doesn‘t matter what kind of speed or range they get, you still look gay.

Onewheels are way more fun but they nosedive and shut off if you exceed their top speed limit and you get thrown to the pavement…. Hard.

I think eBikes in general are kinda lame. They are great if you live somewhere that won’t allow a proper dirt bike to ride around. But otherwise I find them lacking in excitement. They are way too expensive for what they are and it’s no fun having people think you are a hero for climbing up some gnarly hill just to have to admit you were on an eBike.

·
Registered
2015 Devinci Troy. 2004 Fuji Nevada
315 Posts
These things have been around for at least 10 years. I've been passed by a few on the canal trail. They're very quiet, fast, and come out of nowhere. Quite startling.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts