Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Davey and I were discussing a possible mtb tour route at Timpanogas...

Start at bottom of Mckenzie.. Up Mckenzie, wagon road over to Metolius Windigo into Bend, skip around the wilderness, head up into the Waldo Area, out across 58 to the railroad access road, down to Crescent lake (around another Wilderness area) up Oldenberg over Windigo pass, drop down into the top of Umpqua, all the way down Umpqua.. You could then head back over to the Oakridge area via gravel or pavement.. then up over box-canyon back to Mckenzie.. that might be over 300 miles but a lot of singletrack...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Brandon said:
Davey and I were discussing a possible mtb tour route at Timpanogas...

Start at bottom of Mckenzie.. Up Mckenzie, wagon road over to Metolius Windigo into Bend, skip around the wilderness, head up into the Waldo Area, out across 58 to the railroad access road, down to Crescent lake (around another Wilderness area) up Oldenberg over Windigo pass, drop down into the top of Umpqua, all the way down Umpqua.. You could then head back over to the Oakridge area via gravel or pavement.. then up over box-canyon back to Mckenzie.. that might be over 300 miles but a lot of singletrack...
Sounds like fun, what's your plan for Day 2? ;)

·
friend of preston
219 Posts
good idea

I plan every year to be at timpanogas on the days preceding and the days of the full moon(night riding, day riding etc).
maybe our party could "waylay" the weary travellers with a well deserved beer and a noisy place to sleep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.