Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Last night's ride was great...thanks for putting up with my single speed antics! I'm looking forward to making it a weekly tradition, for sure. BTW, I'm not as sore or beat up as I thought I'd be by riding it fully rigid (ok, no jokes, I left myself open for that one)...

On that note...

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
castaway222 said:
Hey all,

Last night's ride was great...thanks for putting up with my single speed antics! I'm looking forward to making it a weekly tradition, for sure. BTW, I'm not as sore or beat up as I thought I'd be by riding it fully rigid (ok, no jokes, I left myself open for that one)...

On that note...
Steph...?

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
castaway222 said:
Hey all,

On that note...
I spent a week riding a fully rigid and was not sore or beat up at all. However, I can't say the same for the fully rigid. I beat the hell out of it. Often times, as we all know, the equipment is not as important as the rider.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the bike

Yeah, it's an aluminum framed Gary Fisher that I turned into a ss...it beats me up seeing that the frame is so rigid...but, if you ride a bike like that over the terrain that we do...something's gotta give.

BTW...who is this?

Dirdir said:
I spent a week riding a fully rigid and was not sore or beat up at all. However, I can't say the same for the fully rigid. I beat the hell out of it. Often times, as we all know, the equipment is not as important as the rider.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
castaway222 said:
Hey all,

On that note...
Folks - pretty impressive showing by Steph on her SS on last night's Preserve ride. She was always right there.

Didn't see much of Geoff, though. He was always taking off way ahead (he really wanted to be the leader), then he wouldn't talk to anybody.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm confused!

okay..."dirdir" is gee-off and "waltaz" is walt? i hate being the new one on the board!

anyway, thanks for the compliments...it was 180 degrees in the other direction from my last XC ride...the disaster from hell...

waltaz said:
Gee-off...the "ride leader"

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Who the hell is Phoenix Ken?

Castaway, welcome to mtbr. However, be careful about getting involved here. Its addicitve. You will turn into a chatroom geek, like skinny-tire, the guy who wouldn't stop talking, aka the Sarcastic Fuq, and Walt. Also, be prepared to take a ton of heat from the Hooligan Mafiosos. Oh wait. You are a hooligan. Nevermind.

Geoff, the nicer one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hooligans...

hey, i even posted one of my hooligan pictures as my avatar...thought you guys might like that!

i'm already addicted...this is the 3rd board i belong too...the only good thing is that i don't have a computer at home, so all my chat is done at work (wait, that didn't sound good)...in other words, when i go home, i have nothing to distract me from my riding...

Dirdir said:
Who the hell is Phoenix Ken?

Castaway, welcome to mtbr. However, be careful about getting involved here. Its addicitve. You will turn into a chatroom geek, like skinny-tire, the guy who wouldn't stop talking, aka the Sarcastic Fuq, and Walt. Also, be prepared to take a ton of heat from the Hooligan Mafiosos. Oh wait. You are a hooligan. Nevermind.

Geoff, the nicer one.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee
66 Posts
At Work????

castaway222 said:
hey, i even posted one of my hooligan pictures as my avatar...thought you guys might like that!

i'm already addicted...this is the 3rd board i belong too...the only good thing is that i don't have a computer at home, so all my chat is done at work (wait, that didn't sound good)...in other words, when i go home, i have nothing to distract me from my riding...
Now tell me girl friend, how do you have time to read these silly threads at work??
I know, lunch break right? You get one of those cafeteria meals and sit infront of the computer and laugh out loud.
lis

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
downhilldoll said:
Now tell me girl friend, how do you have time to read these silly threads at work??
I know, lunch break right? You get one of those cafeteria meals and sit infront of the computer and laugh out loud.
lis
that's why god made 6 minute passing periods!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.