Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around for an AM ride... tried the Pitch, Remedy, Enduro, blah..blah...blah. One of the LBS had a Roscoe(which I had'nt considered and did'nt really like the looks of) demo in the back of the shop that was dropped of by a rep for storage on his way to up to Canada and the LBS let me take it for a spin. I felt good in the parking lot, amazing in the foothills and was simply the best feeling bike I think I have ever ridden! My riding partner took it for a spin and said the exact same thing- I dont think he wanted to give it back to me!

So, a few months later and here it is, with a few mods!

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
zaner31 said:
simply the best feeling bike I think I have ever ridden!
Me too. What are your thoughts on that seatpost? I'm planning on picking up an adjustable post for my Roscoe this year but haven't decided on which one to get.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically the only stock equip is the frame, grips, headset and the rear shock.

Things still to change: I am going to get some slightly wider bars, maxle-lite skewer thingie for front hub, cut the steer tube down an inch, swap a 34 front chainring for the 32.

Have thought of but not sure about yet: MRP x 1 chainguide, changing the seatpost for a diff. model(see below), and maybe an extra set of lighter wheels/tires for long XC outings?

The seat post...I'm still up in the air about. I love the aspect of having one that adjusts and I will have one on the bike. Im just not sure if this KS integrates well enough with the Roscoe. In the pic. you can see that it is just kinda hanging there with 2 tie-straps. Because the cable moves as the seat moves. So the cable, with seat in the lowest position, is down in the linkages bangin around. You cant strap it down or route it too crazy cause it has to be able to move freely up and down with the seat. The cable is fine when seat is if the full up. I tried to turn the seat post around and have the cable come up the back but then the seat mount wont adjust so that the seat is in a comfy enough spot. The seat was pointing down at the top tube and I couldnt get the seat clamps to tighten all the way so my seat was creaky and wiggley. So now Ive turned it back around and am trying to think of the best ways to mount and route the cable.

I think that if the cable ran up the back it would be better... out of the way/better routing for the Roscoe. I think for a diff. suspension design... remedy or reign this KS would be better- just run it along bottom of top tube.

Im thinking that if I get a longer cable I can run it down the side of the seat tube between the seat stay and seat post(there is lots of room there), towards the bottom bracket and up the downtube( with the other cables) to the remote.

Right now im thinking if I cant come up with some way of routing it that makes me feel better, then i will... get the hand actuated/nut-graber model or get the specialized command post with remote that routes up the back of the seat?!

If anyone has any ideas for routing feel free to let me hear them.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mrp 1x9

zaner31 said:
Have thought of but not sure about yet: MRP x 1 chainguide, changing the seatpost for a diff. model(see below), and maybe an extra set of lighter wheels/tires for long XC outings?
You can reduce the wieght of your bike by 1 pound (approx) with a 1X9 setup. Also, the MK SS 2.4 tires are light, fast and have good grip to be a XC/AM tire - at 585g that works!
I figure my HIFI is a XC/AM hybrid at 24lbs 10oz. A set of Easton XC wheels and tire should take it down into the 23Lb range for 24hr events and 8hr events.

LC(cheers) - sweet ride buddy, very fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
26 Black.... Have you had any chain drop with the mrp x 1? And what size chainring are you runnin?

Thanks for the rec. on the wheels and tires. Have only started to research so ill check em out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts