Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I called the LBS today and they said that my Heckler came in after only a week. It was extremely quick. The liquid blue looks very cool too. I have all the parts with me except for the fork. It actually came with a DHX Air instead of the Coil, but since I'm not heavy at all, it won't matter for me. Since it's air now, can anyone recommend another fork. I'm guessing the float? I will put up some more pics when the final build is up. My specs are in another thread if you want to look at those too.

Here it is, check it out!

Brown Tints and shades Electric blue Parallel Gas

Brown Colorfulness Bottle Parallel Electric blue

Bicycle part Rim Auto part Composite material Electric blue

Bicycle frame Bicycle fork Musical instrument accessory Triangle Bicycle part

Bicycle frame Bicycle part Bicycle fork Bicycle Rim

·
Registered
422 Posts
Looks sweet...for a beefy air fork you should check out the Pike Dual Air. But it's a short fork for the 140mm travel and I'm not sure what you have in mind for geometry so you could also check out a Lyric.

·
I Welcome All
424 Posts
i pretty much got the same setup a couple months ago but in a medium, i put a 07 36 talas on it and it is awesome but maybe too tall for a small. i just super pissed the new one is coming out

·
Registered
87 Posts
Go for the Lyrik

Just picked up mine a couple months ago. The liquid blue is the best color ever put on a heckler in my opnion!

I'd strongly recommend the Lyrik fork. I got the Solo-Air on mine and it is amazaing. It's pricy, but well worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing is that I only have a QR formula hub. I'm wondering if it is possible to convert it into a 20mm TA? If anyone has done this, post something about please. I'll try and put this question in the Wheels & Tires section.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great choice. So you decided to pull the trigger right away huh? Couldn't wait for the 2007. Thats exacly what I did, I just couldn't wait and I'm extremely happy. I need to get this thing built up as soon as possible because I can't stand just staring at the frame with the crank and headset on it!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats Joe... That is a sweet color. I'm glad you got yours in a timely fashion. I settled for silver due to the wait time for any other color... Maybe SC is turning it around.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. I found out that they didn't have the white and in order to get it, it would take a while. They said that they actually had the small liquid blue so I jumped on it right away with out a doubt.

·
Registered
293 Posts
joe.MTB said:
Great choice. So you decided to pull the trigger right away huh? Couldn't wait for the 2007. Thats exacly what I did, I just couldn't wait and I'm extremely happy. I need to get this thing built up as soon as possible because I can't stand just staring at the frame with the crank and headset on it!
Yeah, couldnt help it lol. My '04 enduro is starting to show signs of the abuse if i'm honest, and the cracking noise from the headset area is the last straw. I need a bike that can handle a bit of abuse so I went fot the hecker. As has been said else where in this thread, I figure with the development time in this frame, it should be almost perfect with in its designed parameters by now. Really cant wait now, its going to be one loooong week. :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pete-G said:
Yeah, couldnt help it lol. My '04 enduro is starting to show signs of the abuse if i'm honest, and the cracking noise from the headset area is the last straw. I need a bike that can handle a bit of abuse so I went fot the hecker. As has been said else where in this thread, I figure with the development time in this frame, it should be almost perfect with in its designed parameters by now. Really cant wait now, its going to be one loooong week. :cool:
That was pretty much the same as me. I have a Jamis Dakar which I use for mostly as my trail bike and I wanted something that could take much bigger hits and harder abuse. I don't think I'll ever see signs of creaking in my headset cause the FSA Pig is just a tank. I finally decided that I'll go with the 2007 Fox Float. What fork are you thinking about for your Heckler Pete-G?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Initially just swapping all my bit from my enduro over, so it'll be the Manitou Sherman Firefly 130 for now. Once i've got some cash back up together I'm going for the Z1 Lights. All the reviews i've read for it are spot on, it comes with a 20mm thro axle and being a 'zoke, it should be dead reliable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.