Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But hey, what do you want for nothing, your money back?

Spent about the last half hour making up a nice ride report and picture fest. Not that many pictures either, but I guess too many as I choked the system and all I got was a fatal error message for my time.

So instead you get the short version. The SlingShot rocks.

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
Bigwheel said:
But hey, what do you want for nothing, your money back?

Spent about the last half hour making up a nice ride report and picture fest. Not that many pictures either, but I guess too many as I choked the system and all I got was a fatal error message for my time.

So instead you get the short version. The SlingShot rocks.

Agreed!!! I was a picture postin' fool up until they "upgraded" it...now I can't find my uploads, when I do find them, I can't find the img URL, then when I do find the URL and post a link, it doesn't convert/display....and I know I have the html correct....makes me get freeeeaky....i'm thinking i'll just stay a picserver.org devotee..although about 30% of the time the server is unavailable and the img doesn't display...at least there I can get my URL and not have lost photo's...

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
How many photos did you try to upload at once? I think the maximum is 5 before you get the error message. And of course, maximum size is 1024 by 1024 pixels for each picture. I would recommend making them smaller than that to not choke the system and allow for faster uploading/downloading.

Anyway - nice one shot you provided on your new Sling ride. I hope the photographer who looks like they were standing smack dab in the middle of the trail was able to get out of your way before you made that little bending turn by the tree...

The big question remains. After your garage cleaning sale and auctions, along with your new ride - how many 29"er's are in your current stable? ;-)

BB

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is actually my buddy Murph riding my old Airborne. Both Ross (in the cycledelia photo) and Murph have converted to 29 and are good riding buds here. I had stopped to clear a downed tree and took shots of the boys as they passed, I was well enough off the trail for sure! I shoot all my pix on low rez and I probably had like 5 pix going the other day. It just takes so long to go through the process for each shot now that I doubt I will be posting many in the future.

Funny about trying to get rid of stuff, it seems like I got rid of a ton of extra crap but did take on the one bike and have parts stashed for another build, probably a Waltworks version of the ROG that I was working on last year. Anyway there is still a full quiver in the garage of 29" bikes......3 Willits (2 for me, 1 for the SO), 1 Fisher Supercal (the sons, soon to be going to BC), 1 Kettler (Town Bike), and the SlingShot, with the RHSC and DB Overdrive out on loan, but there is definately more space in the overhead! Although the rack is still full much to my wifes dismay. At least after getting rid of all that stuff my new bike didn't cost much out of pocket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.