Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the things that sucks about life is that sometimes, life doesn't want to let you do much. It happens to everyone at some point. Kids, work, weddings, funerals.

You were able to ride all you want, and now... not.

And you get used to it. A month or two goes by and the new normal is not riding.

That was a lot of this winter for me. But lately, it's been getting better again. Another great ride today. Last week, the trails were ice and snow with a few patches of dirt. This week it was mud. And some ice. Technical singletrack and ice is an awesome mix. seriously fun. Probably the last ride for a while, until the trails dry up. Probably shouldn't have been out today but there are times when you just need to ride.

Road season is starting soon, riding to work is gonna start happening more often, life is good.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm 55, 56 in a very short time.
I have a lung infection...coughing up green gunk.
Decided to ride today, anyway. Within maybe 10 minutes I could tell that I was down maybe 40% on capacity, and the 3" snow we had yesterday was crusty-froze today, making for higher demand.

For me the new normal is knowing that that will be happening more and more often, and I had better get accustomed to it.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh- had that green junk from january through february. You have my sympathy... that stuff does not want to go away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts