Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· I wanna talk to Samson!
3,297 Posts
East Coast Bender said:
I think its funny because you guys are riding super beefed up Downhill Bikes on a barely 5ft drop...but anyways looks like fun
I think you lack of a brain is funny.

· Glad to Be Alive
42,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
East Coast Bender said:
I think its funny because you guys are riding super beefed up Downhill Bikes on a barely 5ft drop...but anyways looks like fun
just book your plane ticket and come on out...oh and bring your small bike because this stuff is way small....hella fun

· Innovate or die!
699 Posts
yeah...

honestly, that statement by east coast bender shows his biking prowess. Drops take more wear and tear on bikes than anything, and as you can see by other pictures that is not the biggest thing up there.........

· Registered
387 Posts
hard core XC drop machines

The point is not that one 5 foot drop would kill an XC bike. In fact, you could probably take that hit on a huffy and be fine. The point is that, given 10 drops or 30 or 50, you will eventually snap your frame in half and it will hurt. Metal just does that. So the solution is to make parts using thicker or better metal so that the bike will give you 500 or 1000 five footers before you have to buy a new frame. Go ahead, ruin your xc rig if you want, but I would rather have something between my legs that wont shatter into pointy shards quite so often.

· I wanna talk to Samson!
3,297 Posts
East Coast Bender said:
Im sure im gonna get a lot of hate for that and this comment but i could do that on a hardtail :p
...So lots of people could do that on a bmx bike. You need to realize some stuff:
A)These guys most likely don't have other bikes
B)This stunt is probably on a DH trail, hence the DH bikes

www.pinkbike.com<---where you belong

· Registered
773 Posts
konabiker said:
...So lots of people could do that on a bmx bike. You need to realize some stuff:
A)These guys most likely don't have other bikes
B)This stunt is probably on a DH trail, hence the DH bikes

www.pinkbike.com<---where you belong
It doesn't look like a trail to me...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.