• RockShox Monarch Plus Debonair or Vivid Air RC2 shock
• USA pricing from $6,599 complete for SRAM X01 build, inc. Reverb Stealth
• $2,999 frame only
• Frame weight from 6.2 lbs (2.8 kg)
• Complete from 27.1 lbs (12.3kg)

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
All reports are the older 36 lowers will work just fine w/ 27.5 wheels. And from the Bronson side, there are a few guys running these forks w that frame w/ good results.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The DebonAir looks interesting on the bike..

Product Lens Font Camera accessory Still life photography

PB Take
Riding three different makes of bicycles with suspension travel ranging from 150, to 120 and 100-millimeters over Moab's chunky red rock trails provided a good foundation for assessing the effects of RockShox's DebonAir air sleeve. Longer-travel bikes get the most performance from the DebonAir upgrade, because the shock-spring can be charged with slightly higher air pressure, which supports the suspension in the mid-stroke without suffering from rough small-bump compliance. The improvement is also notable under power, because the shock stays up in its travel more and also keeps the rear end from settling on climbs. DebonAir seemed less effective on the 100-millimeter-travel bike, where the shock tended to run through its travel unless the air pressure was set quite high. And even with the higher PSI values, we didn't have to push the bike hard to use full travel. The red rocks are tough on any suspension, but the the consensus was that, for a bike with minimal suspension travel, a more progressive spring curve would reserve the last third of the shock stroke for bigger hits. That said, for long and mid-travel trailbikes, the DebonAir gives Monarch RT3 and RTC shocks the deeper feel that they needed to match the performance increase of the RockShox Pike fork. The DebonAir-equipped 140-millimeter-travel bikes were fitted with Pike forks, and they felt far better balanced fore and aft across a wide range of speed and terrain. While a hundred bucks may seem steep for an air can, it is a far less expensive option than the price of a new replacement for riders looking to improve the performance of their Monarch RC3 Plus shocks. - RC

·
Registered
567 Posts
I think Vivid Air will be a better option for guys that had coil shock or heavy duty air shock on the old Nomad. That's what I ordered the bike with. The Debonair seems like a good improvement to the Monarch Plus, but I doubt it's on the level of Vivid Air on downhill sections. And btw, the Vivid Air is the second generation version that they introduced last year.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I like the numbers except for the 160mm fork. I wonder if anyone is making a 170mm fork to fit the new 27" wheels?
I think I'd prefer to stick with a 160mm fork and preserve the original geo unless I was only going to use it for bike park/shuttling. There are other options coming though - there's a Fox 36 in the promo video.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anybody know anything about the ENVE wheels that are on it?
Seems to be that Josh Bryceland has been running some DH version's as well.
All I can find out is a new naming system and maybe a new cross section to the rim profile.
The ones on the Nomad are badged M70thirty Bryceland's are badged M90ten.
From what I have gathered this is a percentage of decent / climb usage i.e. 70/30 90/10
I'm asking as I'v just ordered up my second set of ENVE's (AM's) and don't want to get caught out by a better rim being available in the next few months.

1 - 20 of 5843 Posts