Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty lame offering from me.

Night riding with a Lupine betty as a helmet light, the lack of shadows had me mis-time a pedal stroke and get rewarded with a pedal strike on a rock. I guess the low bb height was a contributory factor but I'm more inclined to blame the low pressure I was running in the Fox 32 float, hoping to achieve more than 125mm travel.

The location was the beginning of the Zig Zag descent on The Wall at Afan (Wales) and the net result was a high side diagonal OTB off the shelf of single track to the low side. Managed a fairly decent tuck and roll but caught my elbow and knee on a couple of rocks so tonight I am sucking pain killers and am feeling a bit dinged up.

I picked myself up and pinned the remaining descent for the sake of pride and apart from the spill I'm still thoroughly enjoying the SB.

I've had a bit of a change around on tyres and I'm now running a Bontrager XR4 up front which rolls fantastically and feels really confidence inspiring. The Nobby Nic out back isn't anything special in the grip department but it seems to follow where the front goes.

Let's hear any other tales of unintentional dismounts...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I had two in one week.

First one I was just sitting down after a decent not paying attention front tire drifted into the loose stuff I instantly was down and my yeti was crashing into a tree. @4:35 in this video Upper Whoops on Vimeo

Second one was the other day, riding a trail I had not been on. Cased a double jump bounced to flat. was all out of control at that point may have grabbed front brake not sure but I went to the ground hard on my left side. Broke my helmet in half in two places on the inside. Yeti has some new battle scuffs. Sadly I was not wearing my camera on this one.

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
The location was the beginning of the Zig Zag descent on The Wall at Afan (Wales)
I know that area well, I used to race the mountain bike club of wales races in the late 80s & early 90s before the trail centre was built.

what do you think of the SB66 under heavy braking? esp heavy braking through braking bumps & rough trails (say coming up to a hairpin)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.