Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to let you guys tell the things on your bike that Fido decided to indulge his or her appetite on.

I will start.

Last weekend, I walked into the garage to find my dog had chewed up my cycle computer. With the help of my cat who knocked my bike over causing the cycle computer to come off, I found the computer in several, chewed up pieces.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I'm not sure you really want to know all that my bigger and more adventurous average dog has eaten in his almost 14 years, and I have the geriatric year to thank for it being limited to dog food and left overs at this point.

As a parent of 3 I can also say it's a minor miracle as to what little kids can try and get away with even with vigilant parents!

·
I wear two thongs
1,675 Posts
My dog chewed a pair of new grips still in their packaging once. But he likes to play "tug-of-war" with me using old tires, and he loves all the scents that are on them too.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I would have thought of taking a pic, I was so mad at my dog at the time it didn't cross my mind :)

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
1 pr Sidi road shoes

approximate cost to replace: $200

the 'who me?!' look on her face: priceless

and various non-cycling items including: 2 tv remotes, 1 cell phone, 1 roll of duct tape, 1 bag of bird seed, 1 cd & case, the side of the couch, 1 couch cushion, 1 pr running shoes, 2 pr slippers, 1 red pen, 1 bag of fish food, 2 table legs, countless squeeky toys, 1 pr designer dress shoes, 3 books & several magazines, a small spot on the trim on the fireplace hearth, and a partridge in a pear tree.....ok, she didn't eat a partridge in a pear tree but she would if she could get her teeth on one. ;)

rt

·
Registered
624 Posts
DH goggles. And a TON of other non-biking related items. Luckily she's much better behaved now :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Our dogs have demolished several items...

the water bottle cage on my bike (I didn't hang it up)
husband's gloves
our daughter's helmet
husband's expensive glasses
my knee warmer
one shoe

... and an assortment of non-cycling items, but surprisingly none of the kids' toys that are lying all over the floor in the house. They seem to know that the indoor stuff is off limits, but anything in the garage is a free-for-all if they can reach it!

Here's a picture of the instigator and her accomplice... our third dog is a good boy.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
So far the only bike related item our dog has chewed up are some Camelbak tubes...she seems to have more of an interest in eating Kayak gear...must be the neoprene and rubber!

·
Registered
624 Posts

ate a full loaf of bread and 3 bananas with the peels in a 15 minute time frame. cost to replace? $5, give or take.

not sleeping because of the horrific gas? priceless

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
LCdaveH said:
The damage...The culpruit...
awww...culprit is too cute!
and eating the seat seems to have tired him out enough that he didn't finish with the shoe... but i'm sure he'll do a nice job on it when he wakes up! :thumbsup::D

·
Double-metric mtb man
4,482 Posts
Hmmm....lemme see here...

So far, no dog has eaten any of my bike stuff...but...

We had:

a West Highland White Terrier that was the terror of african violet plants everywere...

a rottwieler cross who took the trim off a picture window, front off the couch and wall paper off of the walls (he was teathing)...

the same rottie and a chessie who managed to shorten all four corners of the coffee table by 2"

and a Blue Heeler / Border Collie cross who, although she wasn't a big chewer, she (maybe 60lbs) would pull her 100lb doghouse, 30lb pallet the doghouse was on and the 12" spike that went through the pallet into the ground along after her when she wanted to go for a trail ride. Did I mention she could climb fences too? For her, we were considering a "slow moving vehicle" triangle for the back of the doghouse.

·
The Dude Abides
305 Posts
I kid you not: a quart of 10W30 motor oil. I don't know maybe she was a little backed up and needed somthing to loosen things up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.