Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, so here is my problem, maybe it will be helpfull for someone else to prevent being screwed. I bought uncracked 36-40T MRP G2 SL changuide from this shop: New & Used Bike Parts
And they sent me 32-36T with cracked lower guide. Now since this had to be done on purpose...
Their solution is for me to send it back to them at my expense which is around 15gbp ! And this way I would be punished for their mistake or trying to **** over somebody. They are not willing to take responsibility and take it back on their expense or send me at least partial refund of 17gbp. So thats my experience with this unserious shop.

·
I didn't do it
9,466 Posts
The shop did not do this on purpose, that just doesn't make sense. I feel like we're not getting the whole story, was the part new or used? If used then there is probably some sort of "as is" clause. That being said, it sounds like you're not getting the best service in the world but I can't shake the feeling that something is missing from this story. Have you talked to the shop? If so, what did they say? Pics?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hear what you're saying Mookie, but as is should only extend to the condition of the item, not what the item actually is (and even with respect to the condition there should be reasonable limits).

No idea what the law is in the UK, but legality aside, if I sell a used Fox fork 'as is' and ship the buyer a handful of dirt, my 'as is' disclaimer should not apply, and it shouldn't be on the buyer to pay for shipping to get what they actually purchased.

My example is a bit ridiculous I know (reductio ad absurdum), but I'm trying to illustrate the point that if you aren't shipped what you puchased, you shouldn't be on the hook for fixing that. Mistakes can happen, but the situation as described shouldn't require the OP to pay anything additional to have resolved.

Of course, this all assumes that the OP really did order the 36-40T part. I'd guess he did, but I take your point that details are a little scarce, and one's first post being used to rant against a company is a little suspect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.