Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sexy beast isn't it :p ;)

got this at a flea market today. the serial number is 823. i think it's a P23. i'm not sure why it has a brake bridge. i dont think i've seen any other P series bikes with one. this will need a rags to riches restoration. the poor bike looks so sad.

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, i thought you guys would like that :D

that rear hub is a Bullseye.

the rear derailleur is being run off of the front shifter :rolleyes:

i paid $150 for it. i was really hoping the guy would say $5 considering what it looked like but he actually knew what it was. total tool. he kept telling me how "awesome" and "top of the line" that Deore XT rear derailleur is but of course he couldn't even say "Deore" correctly.

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, wait just one minute. Ritchey experts, help me out a sec here. i just looked the bike over and noticed that the rear derailleur is actually meant to go across the top tube and through the loop on near the seat post. i've never seen that before. anyone else? the frame is 100% Ritchey but i've never seen that before. all the braze on's are in their places. even the bottom bracked only has one loop for the front derailleur. is this an oddball?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Wow, another oddball for Sky, seems appropriate ;) it looks to have Ritchey dropouts, that would make it at least a '91. Does the front derailleur cable go down the downtube? What is the seatpost size? Let me look around, I may have some Ritchey decals for you :cool:

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kb11 said:
Wow, another oddball for Sky, seems appropriate ;) it looks to have Ritchey dropouts, that would make it at least a '91. Does the front derailleur cable go down the downtube? What is the seatpost size? Let me look around, I may have some Ritchey decals for you :cool:
91? so, this could be a P22 maybe?

the seatpost size is 26.8.

yeah, the front derailleur goes down the down tube where there is only one cable loop on the BB shell. it was definately meant to have the rear derailleur go across the top tube. strange.

·
artistic...
7,621 Posts
Veloculture said:
OK, wait just one minute. Ritchey experts, help me out a sec here. i just looked the bike over and noticed that the rear derailleur is actually meant to go across the top tube and through the loop on near the seat post. i've never seen that before. anyone else? the frame is 100% Ritchey but i've never seen that before. all the braze on's are in their places. even the bottom bracked only has one loop for the front derailleur. is this an oddball?
that would be the first ritchey w/ this cable routing i have ever seen. sure it's a ritchey??

·
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
colker1 said:
that would be the first ritchey w/ this cable routing i have ever seen. sure it's a ritchey??
well, every single part of this frame other than the rear der. routing has all the signs of being a Ritchey. that and the seller told me it was a Ritchey. it seems weird that this guy who knew nothing about bike knew it was a Ritchey.

it's very strange. i've been stratching my head for hours now about that cable routing and i'm just about out of hair :eek:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I do see an air vent on the seatstay. Are there air vents on the chainstays also? none of my Ritcheys have those. :nono: Maybe this is one of those Mexi-Ritcheys mady by Juan :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.