Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunatly as is normally the case, the pictures don't do it justice, but those of you who have been here, know how great it is. I never knew we had these type of cliffs, I think thats what I like the most about it.
Just before VOAZ becomes Cheesegrater in the PMP. Amazing that in the middle of one of the biggest metro areas in the US, I couldn't see any traces of the city.
Thats all.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
ajmelin said:
Unfortunatly as is normally the case, the pictures don't do it justice, but those of you who have been here, know how great it is. I never knew we had these type of cliffs, I think thats what I like the most about it.
Just before VOAZ becomes Cheesegrater in the PMP. Amazing that in the middle of one of the biggest metro areas in the US, I couldn't see any traces of the city.
Thats all.
Thanks.
From my ride on Sunday. I don't think this is a roadrunner.

Attachments

·
Got a suspension fork
2,458 Posts
ajmelin said:
Thats all.
Thanks.
The exact spot you photographed is what we call "Lunch Ledge" we hike up VOAZ to that spot with a picnic lunch in the backpack and hang out there eating lunch. Great spot.

My Son: Dad, do you really ride your MTB all the way up here?
Me: You bet!

·
How do I do that?
561 Posts
ajmelin said:
Thats all.
Thanks.
You mean the place that inspired me to buy a video cam and make my one and only lame bike video? I must say I have to agree;) .

It was a good day when I first made my way up there last December. Standing by the edge and taking in the view while I asked myself, "I live....5 miles from this place?!"....:shocked: :D :eek: Wow....:) I haven't been to many trails yet but I would imagine there are many many more to see:cool:

Funny, for some reason, every time I go up there, vintage Star Trek scenes with Kirk and his crew and that funny looking alien pops in my head:p:skep:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm a Denver native, and my wife and I have some friends that are moving out here. At first I was disappointed because they're our favorite friends to ride with, but after spending the last month in the Phoenix metro, I'm pretty excited about all the awesome riding we'll experience when we come to visit. You guys have some awesome trails around here!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.