Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went well. Thanks to Krispy, Von, and the rest of the Go-Ride crew for a good time (and free PBR). Killer trail with lots of fun stuff. A few pics...

The trail... "it's not all like this...just most of it"

Krispy rolling the boulder/ladder

Finish, with beer!

Help keep this trail from getting overgrown, SLC guys...it's got potential to be killer. You need a shuttle, and there's a 30minute hikeabike/climb to the top, but it's worth it. Plenty of downed logs/trees, creek crossings, and steep chutes.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
nice pics! mine didn't turn out so hot, but here are a few:

field of bikes at the top of the radio tower grunt climb:

Some lush sweet (easily visible) singletrack on the way to the moose trail entrance:

Chilling at the rock that marks the entrance to the Moose trail:

After much riding of vegetation and faint trails, we finally came to the 'aztec bridge'. It was basically a rock roll to a blind mini-bridge down ramp. Do-able but hard to hit the correct line on approach since you had no idea what you were riding into. Von from Go-Ride making it look effortless:

·
Ridin in UT
98 Posts
Looks awesome guys! I'd love to try out some new challenging stuff in the area. Any idea when another ride will be planned or is it usually scheduled last-minute? Generally Sundays are best for me.

I'm trying to get the flavor of this ride by your pictures but... are there any bypasses around the harder problems? My wife is a great technical rider and up for the adventure but not quite to my comfort level on the elevated stuff like the big rock.. I'm just wondering if I should scout this first before bringing her along. I ride a BigHit w/bash ring and she has a basically stock Enduro.

thanks, Ian

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Moose Mondays!

I'll be up there on quite a few monday evenings.

Not sure about mon the 10th since DV nationals are this weekend but i'll probably be there.

There is a way around the rock but there is no way around most of the downed logs, chutes and dropins. Faith our ex pro dh'er got the smackdown on one dropin, she's the only girl we've taken there. Really it's not that bad at all but either you can bunnyhop logs or you can't. most ladies just can't so there's an aweful lot of dismounting necessary.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
RSD-

Chuky wants to ride the Moose sometime soon, PM me and we can set up a guys and gals ride.

JMH

Rubber Side Down said:
Looks awesome guys! I'd love to try out some new challenging stuff in the area. Any idea when another ride will be planned or is it usually scheduled last-minute? Generally Sundays are best for me.

I'm trying to get the flavor of this ride by your pictures but... are there any bypasses around the harder problems? My wife is a great technical rider and up for the adventure but not quite to my comfort level on the elevated stuff like the big rock.. I'm just wondering if I should scout this first before bringing her along. I ride a BigHit w/bash ring and she has a basically stock Enduro.

thanks, Ian

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me, JMH, and Chuky hit it up yesterday.

Someone's doing something to it, cause it looks MUCH better up near the top.

Looks like someone has rerouted a section about a half mile in, and it ends with a very steep (but very short) uphill right before the first little chute/drop in.. Any of the GR guys? Chuky said someone was salting for deer, so my suspicions are raised...

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Moose is Kickin!

We actually saw a moose on the way up to the radio towers...

That chuky is loco, you be careful listening to her! But yeah, the new re-route is not so great with the mud bog and uphill... can we go back to the old version? There were sticks in front of the old right-hand turn.

Yeah, I second the props for the continued work. It's looking like a real trail now! And it's getting faster. I still fell off my bike on the chute to right hand turn, though. :D

JMH

bleu said:
Me, JMH, and Chuky hit it up yesterday.

Someone's doing something to it, cause it looks MUCH better up near the top.

Looks like someone has rerouted a section about a half mile in, and it ends with a very steep (but very short) uphill right before the first little chute/drop in.. Any of the GR guys? Chuky said someone was salting for deer, so my suspicions are raised...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Moose is for sure a good time, have hit it twice now. Last time through I brought my saw and we cut those two chest-high fallen trees out of the way. If you guys were riding over/under that then I better start working on some different skills!

When I first rode it, it looked like the re-route was in place. I wandered around there for 10 minutes before I finally headed back up the hill and rode what I think you're referring to as the original line. I didn't see anything beyond where those salt blocks were trail wise. I wouldn't think it a big deal to have both ways 'open' and you just pick the one you feel like riding?

I think this trail has heaps of potential. Anybody opposed to building a few more things in there? I wouldn't want to take away from the experience but some alternate lines with stunts or whatnot would give it some more flow, IMO.

·
Registered
148 Posts
TheProf said:
Last time through I brought my saw and we cut those two chest-high fallen trees out of the way. If you guys were riding over/under that then I better start working on some different skills!.
Well Von was hoping on one to the next then out but everyone else watched in disbelief last monday. We also removed the logs that were blocking the right turn mentioned above. No idea who was doing that.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Agreed. It has great potential for development. Little if any user conflict, remote enough that it won't see tons of traffic or injured Huffy riders, and a semi-secret entrance (we should probably try to keep it that way?)

JMH

It has
TheProf said:
I think this trail has heaps of potential. Anybody opposed to building a few more things in there? I wouldn't want to take away from the experience but some alternate lines with stunts or whatnot would give it some more flow, IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.