Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Neo-Retro Forever
1,576 Posts
Yup, a great compliment to the vintage, to to mention your Slingshot's not having that pesky downtube to get in the way of a nice 360 degree view.

My envy is as green as your rings are red...

-rb

·
Registered
779 Posts
where do i place my order! i'm all over those rings! i want them and i want them bad!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Off-topic

I've visited that moonhead page weekly just lusting over there work. Anyhow, this is a bit off topic but do you happen to have the four pin tool needed to remove the lockring on your Cook Bros cranks? I'm desperately wanting to switch my spider to a compact bolt pattern but I nor the LBS has that tool. Thanks.

·
1,476 Posts
Very nice background/ bike shot.
I take it the prop is hiding behind the disk?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
farley325 said:
I've visited that moonhead page weekly just lusting over there work. Anyhow, this is a bit off topic but do you happen to have the four pin tool needed to remove the lockring on your Cook Bros cranks? I'm desperately wanting to switch my spider to a compact bolt pattern but I nor the LBS has that tool. Thanks.
I don't. I bought those 'E' cranks from CBO on close out way back when...came with the compact and I haven't changed it. Not sure who or where the tool can be had. Cook Bros maybe?

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jasonwa2 said:
Very nice background/ bike shot.
I take it the prop is hiding behind the disk?
Good eyes! Yeah, no down tube...I had to prop the bike up using the right chain stay...but you can't see it thanks to the disk! :p

·
Hit The Road Cyclery
923 Posts
After all these years, every once in awhile you still see something that makes your eyeballs pop out :p . Those rings are beautiful, but the "Durty 30" Campy converters are a dream come true for me. Now I just need to find a frame I can hang derailleurs on...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.