Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Caveman
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The mighty monkey. Named after ¨The mighty One¨ Crossed into Peru from Ecuador a few days before christmas, braving torrential rains, landslides, rockfall and guardia..
Since then its where abouts have been in the Amazonias provence of northern Peru, slowley making its way south... The riding needless to say has been challenging!!

Despite being called the Amazonias provence its in a very mountainous region. Crossed a major amazon tributary- the Rio Maranon the past few days. It was pretty much the grand canyon with a crappy dirt road up and down both sides. seriously - 8500´ of descending and climbing. Took 2 days.

Monkey owners will be happy to know that the green beast makes a very capable and strong touring rig. I´ve beaten the crap out of it and the rack mounts havent broken yet!
If anyone wants to come meet up with me just let me know where to meet you!
Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
close up

Please report in more detail! About the parts list as well. I won,t be touring anytime soon , but always dreamed of sturdier bikes than my beloved steel Zullini (sp) road racer.

Bearbait said:
The mighty monkey. Named after ¨The mighty One¨ Crossed into Peru from Ecuador a few days before christmas, braving torrential rains, landslides, rockfall and guardia..
Since then its where abouts have been in the Amazonias provence of northern Peru, slowley making its way south... The riding needless to say has been challenging!!

Despite being called the Amazonias provence its in a very mountainous region. Crossed a major amazon tributary- the Rio Maranon the past few days. It was pretty much the grand canyon with a crappy dirt road up and down both sides. seriously - 8500´ of descending and climbing. Took 2 days.

Monkey owners will be happy to know that the green beast makes a very capable and strong touring rig. I´ve beaten the crap out of it and the rack mounts havent broken yet!
If anyone wants to come meet up with me just let me know where to meet you!
Eric

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,393 Posts
Sounds awesome!

If you need anything at all in Lima, I have a large group of cycling friends that would do anything to help out a fellow cyclist. Seriously, Feel free to ask any favor. Please keep us informed as to your whereabouts! keep em' rolling, huevon!

·
Wood chips are stupid
779 Posts
Hey Eric!

I wish I were you. Its ok here in anchor town. Starting to get cold again. Building a new winter rig,will be doing some over nighters soon I hope. Good to here you are well. Send some pics of the exotic foods and animals you encounter. Damn,I never even knew you were down there! Duh... Stay heathy.

akdeluxe(leonard)

·
Caveman
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,119 Posts
Glad to hear you're still pushing on even though you were ripped off. At least you weren't hurt physically and could continue. Take lots of pics and maybe you can give us a slide show when you're back in town. And you're in the right hemisphere for January! Bon voyage.

Rando

1 - 11 of 11 Posts