Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

as an Ibis rider myself, I was quite interested when I saw the ad for this bike today.

MSC bikes seems to Spanish (hadn't heard of them before), and they seem to have put together a VPP-type full carbon Enduro with 145mm travel at the rear. The announced frame weights seem extremely light (starting at 1.85kg, excluding shock), possibly even lighter than for the Mojo SL?

It's great to see that there seem to be more manufacturers pushing into this market, it can only do good in promoting further developments.

One thing I like on the MSC, which might be a nice inspiration for Ibis, is the internal shifter routing - way to go!

Cheers,
Jever

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
Good to see more "good" carbon frames out there - if only to help edumacate the masses that carbon frames are strong and reliable.

However the MSC carbon seems to be a different niche than the Mojo as the frames don't have the amount of travel (front or rear) as a mojo do they? The geometry also seems a little different as well as the fact that DW Link is just that good!.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
james beaumont said:
Is this the one? At £4000 it had better be good! It looks a tad more race orientated that the mojo, I cant really imagine a 160mm fork on it...
Is it me or does that downtube look really thin...

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Yeh, looks more like competition for a Titus Motolite.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is not a VPP design. It is a version of the good old Horst-Link, with a linkage for the shock. I would not expect this bike to climb or brake as well as a DW-link bike design.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not saying it is a DW link bike :). But it doesn't seem to be a fixed pivot (as perhas points out). Travel is similar to the Mojo. What I like about it is the internal cable routing - elegant.

Apparently the frame is quite cheap at ~1500 Euro - not bad, price wise.

Also one thing they did well: you can mount a bottle cage inside the frame...

Not gonna sell my Mojo, though ;-).

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
perhas said:
It is a version of the good old Horst-Link, with a linkage for the shock. I would not expect this bike to climb or brake as well as a DW-link bike design.
I agree, it won't climb as good but it'll brake better ;)

·
The Ancient One
1,573 Posts
It's a faux-bar without the seat stay pivot.

The carbon rear end must flex as a substitute for the missing pivot.

The flexing will be concentrated at the axle point, like on the Felt Virtue bikes.

It differs from a simple low single pivot design in that the shock ratio is controlled by the linkage and the braking pivot point is the IC for the seat stay, like on a split-pivot design.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Steve from JH said:
It's a faux-bar without the seat stay pivot.

The carbon rear end must flex as a substitute for the missing pivot.

The flexing will be concentrated at the axle point, like on the Felt Virtue bikes.

It differs from a simple low single pivot design in that the shock ratio is controlled by the linkage and the braking pivot point is the IC for the seat stay, like on a split-pivot design.
Look again, it has a Horst-link.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.