Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Don't fret young one the lingo comes in time, I'm new to this side of the border 2. Though I've played here allot, the rest of the Tuner Veterans would be best to fill ya in on Hommerville but yr already one of them dude so enjoy! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
But I guess it's a bit like being in a Frat club or something just a Turner one and its probably one the of the best around certainly one of the most popular and informed<o:p></o:p>
if ya can't learn anything here then you won't learn it elsewhere for sure.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Post away and you'll be a vet in no time, don't be shy its all good!:D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Goodness, this question comes up so frequentyl it should be in the faq, if it weren't for the origins...
*Deep breath*

Okay it's like this. Once upon a time, a long time ago, way back when people were even more fed-up with the Turner crowd than they are now, b/c we were all crammed into one forum, Jaybo, in his pre-koolaid state, hurled the most spiteful insult he could think of at Tscheezy. He called him a "Grand Monster Homer" or something to that effect.

It seems, the most outragous insults thrown our way become monikers. Some troll made a comment about the red 5 Spots looking "gay" so ever since they're poofta red. (BTW my Spot's red) Another troll started a thread in a different forum saying Turner Homers are Snobs and Poseurs... so now we run with that too.

The witty ones here tend to turn the flames into fun...

I'm just glad nobody called us A$$ spelunkers:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is TNT and HL???? Just Kidding!

Seriously I did a search for homer and the word is used so frequently it practically returned results from every turner thread in the history of mtbr.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
On a skiing forum I frequent, we all refer to ourselves as maggots, and there is a rich invented lingo, complete with terms for addressing noobs or questions easilly answered with a search. The Homer moniker and associated "culture" here is one of the reasons I like this forum. The other reason is that I kind of like Turner bikes, even though they are unpatented and have an outdated suspension design, poor cable routing, and limited colors. ;)

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Good 'splanation Zilla. For some reason the non-Homers seem to enjoy ripping Turner riders for actually being happy with their purchase and liking the way their bike rides. Its like we should feel guilty for not accepting things like replacing shot bearings on a regular basis, pathetic tire clearance, twitchy handling, bad CS and so on...

I can understand where they are coning from, before the Spot I had a dozen or so other bikes in the previous few years that just didn't do it for me. The Spot on the other hand is about to turn three and I have no plans on getting rid of it. But to sit and rip something like the headtube badge just to try and make me feel inferior, that's just sad.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm happy to be a homer. If the best "insult" anyone can come up with is something that goofs on how much I like my ride, I can certainly live with that.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Usings the terms "Tscheezy" and "Homer" and User Name Jaybo the oldest post I could find yielded Tscheezy throwing the term "Monster Turner Homer" back to Jaybo on 4-5-2004.

The original post must be lost to upgrades or some such thing.

To quote the immortal words of Tscheezy:

We are all Monster Turner Homers deep down. Most people just havn't discovered it yet.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
cactuscorn said:
welcome to the big show tr. good words ta. great explination zilla. ya should never used tricky dick as a example el. liar!
Well, if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, mister "I have to give up my bikes"

And besides being a Homer, Poseur & Snob, I'm also a Maggott :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hahahaha, well that was a good laugh. Zilla you brought back so much memories with this explanation... I can just remember the good old times when we were all in the "What bike to buy" and Jaybo was fighting with Tscheezy almost everyday... hahaha Well that is until Tscheezy removed Jaybo from his instant reply list! :D

Ho well, it was still fun sometimes to read all the name calling between those two! I didn't know it was the trigger to Homer though! haha

Bikezilla said:
Goodness, this question comes up so frequentyl it should be in the faq, if it weren't for the origins...
*Deep breath*

Okay it's like this. Once upon a time, a long time ago, way back when people were even more fed-up with the Turner crowd than they are now, b/c we were all crammed into one forum, Jaybo, in his pre-koolaid state, hurled the most spiteful insult he could think of at Tscheezy. He called him a "Grand Monster Homer" or something to that effect.

It seems, the most outragous insults thrown our way become monikers. Some troll made a comment about the red 5 Spots looking "gay" so ever since they're poofta red. (BTW my Spot's red) Another troll started a thread in a different forum saying Turner Homers are Snobs and Poseurs... so now we run with that too.

The witty ones here tend to turn the flames into fun...

I'm just glad nobody called us A$$ spelunkers:D

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's kinda like when you laugh along with a joke you don't really get because the jokers are the "cool" guys and then they look at you like an idiot bacause the joke is actually an "inside" joke and they know you don't get it. But you keep lauging anyway because you really want to fit in until you realize that the only way you're really going to fit in is to get a pair of cool vans just like the ones their wearing...Then you do and they think you're rad. And whew, thank gawd for being rad.

·
My cup runneth over
2,417 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Noob Homer Initiation Questions....

What is a Homer?
Who originated the term?
What is an EBM?
Who is Barney?
What color is Poofta?
What stickers does Davide have on his Spot?

Feel free to pile on

(Was UGI coined here?)
Why are all Turner riders snobs and posers (not really stuck yet)?
Why do Turner riders dislike TE?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.